Chocolate making materials - Bangalore

Discussion in 'Shopping/Restaurants in Bangalore' started by vinola, May 16, 2009.

1. vinola

vinola New IL'ite

Hi ladies,

Can someone tell me where would we get the chocolate making materials in bangalore ? (the materials like the chocolates, molds, wrapping paper etc)

I tried out in Nilgiris...But the chocolate seems to be very costly around Rs.350/kg :roll: for dark chocolate.

Is there any wholesale shop in Bangalore ? Pls advise.

-Vinola

2. Drpreethis

Drpreethis Gold IL'ite

Vinola ,

There is a shop in Seshadripuram near the pipeline .. I dont remember the name . Some condiments something.. It is diagonally opposite to Shroff dental clinic building. It is on the main road..
    There you get everything related to choclate making. i used to buy it from there. Right from, wrapping papers to moulds to essence and cooking choclates. I remember paying 85 rs for like a whole bar. I used to buy Morde cooking choclates. It is simply awesome. I think you are looking at buyin the same too. If you are going to buy in bulk those company people will directly send it to you. Just google it out for their company and contact them.

I will however check if I can get you the number. I remember having their visiting card. Let me know if you are totally not familiar with that area at all . I shall contact my friend and try to get you the number ..

3. vinola

vinola New IL'ite

Preethi,

Thanks for the useful information. I just located the address of Shroff Dental Clinic in google maps..

However if you could get me the name / phone number of the shop, it would really be very helpful :thumbsup

(If you also have recipes for chocolate making, pls post it - Or if you have a website to refer, pls let me know)

Thanks,
    Vinola

4. Drpreethis

Drpreethis Gold IL'ite

Vinola ,

I had few baking classes and learnt to make choclates, liquor choclates, pastries and few more cakes. :) Do you want to go there too.. Once you know how to do it , it is very very simple. Ifact I bought cooking choclates from the lady whom I learnt making them from. SHe sells it for less too.. The classes are just 350 when you go in a group of 5. If you need it, then I can give you the website info of hers. An individual class cost about 1300 I suppose. She lives in Sanjaynagar. She teaches everything from making 5 star choclates kind to crackle kind of stuff..

I can write the recipes for you but then, I dont know how you would understand the steps. If you see it once.. you can do it in like 15 mins.. :)

WIll try and get you the info by next week.

5. vinola

vinola New IL'ite

Thanks Preethi.

What is the course duration?? Pls provide me the website of the lady's..

-Vinola

6. Drpreethis

Drpreethis Gold IL'ite

Hi Vinola ,

Duration - 1 WHOLE DAY ! Yeah.. That is all you need ! :)

I learnt it like in 2007.. I think she has increaed her fees now... her website is.. manjuscookingclass.com

She is a very sweet lady and teaches you with soo much patience. I can make very good cakes now, because of her !

Best Luck to you.. Have fun.. Happy Choclate Making and Eating ! :biggrin2:

Last edited: May 19, 2009
  7. vinola

vinola New IL'ite

Thanks much Preethi!

8. brindaa

brindaa New IL'ite

Hi,

Anyone know where we can get these chocolate making materials near HAL or Indira Nagar or Koramangala?

9. SupriyaHere123

SupriyaHere123 New IL'ite

Hi Preethi,

Can you please share the contact details of the store where we can get morde chocolate slabs are reasonable price.
    I have been hunting for it for the past few weeks and have still not managed to find it.:bowdown

Please share the details if you have it.

Cheers :cheers
    ~Sup

10. Priyankamohan

Priyankamohan New IL'ite

Hi Vinola,

Im not sure if the prices are reasonable, but i got all the things which uve mentioned in this shop,the adress is :
    General Food Additives in Seshadripuram
    Ramachandra Tk

Opp SBI ATM, 1st Mn Rd, Seshadripuram,

You can just call up the owner once to find out the landmark and then go.
    Hope this info helps.

Regards,
    Priyanka R

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 25, 2010