Chitvish Recipes - Post your comments here (part 4)

Discussion in 'Ask ChitVish' started by Chitvish, Sep 14, 2010.

1. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Your last line made my day:)(it is nearing night now is besides the point)
    Rava kichdi, besides being tasty, is an lmpressive tiffin too!
    Go ahead and do the homework for recipes including vathakuzhambu thoroughly before in laws arrive:biggrin2:

2. radhikrish

radhikrish Silver IL'ite

Dear mami,

Long time , I didnt write any fb, though have been trying your recipes, mainly repeats. HAve been browsing your forum when ever I could get time. I dont go to any other thread, but this post your comments thread to catch up reading others fb. I have been repeating tiffin dishes like kollu sprout pongal ( this has bettered every time I have tried and now I think I have mastered it) and puli kuzhambu , kali kindina dosai , rava idli , pav bhaji(again a favourite with my DD) . Subjis like Gobi simla mirch, then methi malai mattar with white gravy (made white gravy first time and liked it very much in methi mattar malai) , cauliflower paratha, continental dishes like Pasta and vegetable casserole, Pasta vegetable cheese- both favourites of my DD . Made chakka pradhaman - first time - with amma made chakka varatti brought from Trivandrum - Tasted superb . This is my favourite and I drank it the whole day without any competition from anybody (both husband and DD are not great lovers of this). Made kesar nankhatai and eggless brownies (latter 2-3 times as this has become my DD's favourite). Thanks for all the recipes, only I could nt be regular in giving you fbs then and there.

Love
    Radhi

3. Magee

Magee Moderator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Hi Chithuamma,

Today i tried Mushroom coconut gravy, it came out very well.
    Actually i always add both ginger and garlic, but the grinding combo of this recipe doesn't has ginger, i just blindly followed whatever thier in your recipe, it is soo yummy...

Today i also packed it for my Dad, Urud dal rice with Mushroom coconut gravy...

4. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

chithmam,

yesterday night the kids rustled up double decker idli http://www.indusladies.com/forums/ask-chitvish/566-tasty-tiffins-tastier-snacks-27.html#post1530590, we had a whole day maintenance shut down, and had lot of idli batter.

the kids have been helping me a lot. S cuts vegetables and C has become better..thanks for the affirmation that it is not wrong to start young:hide:(when many thought i was being too hard on them to allow them to cook 5 years back)..

i have been under bed rest for the past one week and will continue for another one week to give my spine a healing time..

so have been taking their help for the dinner and we have not ordered anything outside in the whole episode.

with a proper managing with podi's, thokkus, chutneys and fp , cooking one pot meals, jiffy meals, tiffins has become literally child play..

thanks..

1 person likes this.
  5. damini

damini Gold IL'ite

Dear Chithramma,
    Made MW Rasam today, came out well:thumbsup. Only 6 LPG per year prompted me to try out MW rasam. Thank you so much, you have given recipes for all occasions!
    Love,
    Damini.

1 person likes this.
  6. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Dear Chithra,
    yesterday I made the Oats and macaroni soup as it was raining suddenly. he comes at odd times now, not in time for tiffin neither for dinner. So made the soup and we both had it. R left for Trichur yesterday night. He likes to eat at the station so no dinner for him.
    Made jiffy cereal oothappam for breakfast today as it was only me and A. And in the evening, I made the Vegan fruit filled banana bread, as I had all the things needed. Came out very good, so soft and with a fruity taste. But I added normal butter,curd etc. The dough looked too much for my big loaf tin so baked in that and a smaller one too. As soon as A came home, we finished the smaller loaf, of course after taking a photo. Can I refrigerate it in a Tupperware box?
    I am taking A to Coimbatore tomorrow for his convocation on Sunday there. A happy moment for us- we doubted if he could pursue education in the mainstream and he had done well, by God's grace.This bake is sort of celebration bake.
    But when I see those bakes in t he HBG, I am really tempted to bake more, I must say that.

Attached Files:

5 people like this.
  7. Chitvish

Dear Radhi,
    Knowing your interest in cooking & also that you are a carrier woman, I have no complaints about lack of feedbacks from you.
    You have remembered & sentme the names - along list now!! Thanks a lot.
    I am happy you find time to browse this thread regularly!!

8. Chitvish

Magee, I appreciate what you have written!! You are one of the few, perhaps, to follow the recipes, verbatim!! :thumbsup
    Urad dhal rice isnow tempting me a lot!!

9. Chitvish

Shan,
    So nice to read your post. "catch them young" only makes them more confident!!
    I have hardly received FBs for doubledecker idli!!:-(
    Thanks & take care.

10. Chitvish

Good, Damini!! I too use MW more than before for the same reason!!I evenhave a MW rasa pathram in corningware!! Thanks.

1 person likes this.