Chitvish Recipes - Post your comments here (part 4)

Discussion in 'Ask ChitVish' started by Chitvish, Sep 14, 2010.

1. ramyaramani

ramyaramani Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Chithra ma,

In my recent trip to India, I introduced masoor dhall dosa, pasiparuppu dosa to my family. They loved it. My DD (1 year old) loves them. It is like she cant get enough of it!

2. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Thanks,Ramya!! Variety is the spice of life!! My dosa varieties are endless!!

3. ramyaramani

ramyaramani Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Chithra ma,

Your recipes are endless not just dosa varieties. Reading the recipes and seeing the pictures just makes cooking all the more interesting. Of course the pictures make us drool too!

1 person likes this.
  4. Magee

Magee Moderator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Hi Chithuamma,

I am too here to give a feedback on Dosa...
    Sunday i made a batter for Masala dosa with tur dal and b4 2 hours Rava and soda salt etc., the dosa came so crispy and with excess batter yesterday i made paniyaram, that was also a hit...outer layer was soo crispy and the inner side is soo soft...Yummy with tomato chutney..

Thanks for the recipes & constant encouragement.
    If i give feedback or not daily i come and peep into the thread just to know the trails of others, This thread is really encouraging...

5. Chitvish

Magee, it is now my turn to say thanks to you for all the interest you show here, in trying as well as posting FBs!! :)

6. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Dear Chithra,
    made poori and tiffin kurma, after seeing the FB here wanted to try it. Was a winner, we all had a hearty dinner. I was planning for rotis but both the boys wanted poori. With your tips and tricks it is not a great feat.
    Also, I am following your tips about soaking dals before cooking. Tur dal gets cooked well and rice remains slightly grainy, as A likes it. Already I make tamarin paste always and that is a real boon, no waste of tamarind. Want to mention this- I have seen my MIL soaking a large ball of tam daily and after squeezing whatever is needed, used discard the balance. Never took out the complete pulp. I used to keep the tam in a small cup over the cooker and squeeze out completely. Pulp your way is minimum waste only. And smbar is ready in jiffy.

7. Magee

Magee Moderator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Hi,

Now you all tempted me to try tiffen kurma, will try it on Saturday with Poori as Varloo mam stated....

Then my new trial is Murungaikai porichakuzhambu, tummy full with appalam & this combo...Nice recipe.

8. hridhaya

hridhaya Gold IL'ite

C,
    Yesterday I made Rava Kichdi for breakfast. It came out perfect, I should say this is the first time I got the texture and taste correct. Has given me good confidence to repeat again.

Also made yam yeriseri, raw banana curry with ground powder in the past 2 days. Enjoyed well.
    Today made Masala paratha with sauteed methi. Again dough was easy to knead/roll with this tip.

Tomorrow my inlaws are coming, planning to make any one of vathakuzhambu recipes. Want to get it right .... and planning to make some new recipes during the weekend. will let you know.

This forum is our cooking dictionary :) thank you

9. Chitvish

Thanks, Varloo, for the detailed fbs. One fb starts a chain and that happened with tiffin kurma, looks like:)

10. Chitvish

Magee, this M P is a meal in a bowl for me:) Appalam must have been a crown on the glory:)