Chitvish Recipes - Post your comments here (part 4)

Discussion in 'Ask ChitVish' started by Chitvish, Sep 14, 2010.

1. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

It

aarth,
    A wonderful first FB from a wonder city girl!! Do keep tuned!! It will be my privilege!

2. Chitvish

Dear Varloo,
    If I can take the liberty to say this, you have added excess water to the batter, the tava has been over heated and hence too too many holes in the dosa.
    Isaw this photo in face book, where you are seen always!!

3. Chitvish

Raji, it is encouraging to read your quiche feedback because everytime I read a quiche recipe on the net, I wonder if my recipe lacks something :-( Now, Iam happy :)

4. thenmozhi07

thenmozhi07 Silver IL'ite

hi mam,
    ur SBS thread is very nice...i tried potato masal sambhar..very nice for idli...today i am going to try hotel vathakulambu..wii give my fb ..

5. archana.kc

archana.kc Gold IL'ite

Chitramma,

Other than eating what amma cooks, I learnt how to make milagai podi and thakkali thokku. I know, it may seem very odd but I cannot bring myself to buy these two anymore! Enough of garlicky podis and oily thokkus. I realise the process is not hard at all. Esp, the podi! I do not know if I will make them often, but as you will know..I think it is good to be aware! General knowledge :)

For amma, I made Peshwari Chole, 5 mins Morkuzhumbu and a delightful array of pastas ! she loves them, and i am happy to show off.

Glad for Manas and Krishna! Such a cute looking pair :)

Love,
    Arch

6. rajanidaga

rajanidaga New IL'ite

hi i went through ur recipes on icecream.........

plz help
    recipe mentions cream m not sure which cream

whipped cream which we use on cakes
    amul fresh cream
    or fresh cream from dairy

7. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Congrats to you and your family on the upcoming wedding..

a wonderful name pair.. wow...

and i made this chilli sabji for myself today.. to go with maize rotis..the flavors are so good.. reminded of eating this chillies at your place with V..

8. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

archu how are you.. on vacation or back??

thokkus are a breeze with mw..no stirring, just set the timings right and voila wonderful thokkus that stay for months..

9. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Dear Chithra,
    thanks for the corrections. I added 2 cups water for a cup of mix. But the flour is a little old, I literally forgot about that till that day. The colour is slightly brown, thats why it looks like that. I used the square tawa which is slightly bulging at centre- I had to pour from center and not vice versa. I have small tawa only otherwise so used that big square one. Will keep in mind and correct next time.
    Had been to yey check up in Sankara Netralaya on Saturday. But they found a problem in both eyes which needed a minor laser treatment immediately and did it. So was not able to do much yesterday, hence in FB most of the time.
    Today made aloo paratha for breakfast today, came out so good. Made with organic atta.I took a snap to post it here.
    Happy to know that Manas is also getting married soon. Wish her on our behalf. Both Ruby and you must be excited.

Attached Files:

2 people like this.
  10. harinikanthi

harinikanthi Silver IL'ite

hi mam, yesterday i made lapsi pongal for breakfast.cvvvk ,kalyana rasam, olan for lunch.great!!!!!!!!!!every one enjoyed eating.moochu thenara thenara varieties than ponga. all just because of u.today i made cabbage stir fry.it is different from normal porial. i love cooking always. now i am enjoying it by trying ur receipes.thanks a lot.:cheers