Chitvish Recipes - Post your comments here (part 4)

Discussion in 'Ask ChitVish' started by Chitvish, Sep 14, 2010.

1. advitha

advitha Silver IL'ite

Dear Auntie,

Its been a long long time since I really posted in IL, how are you?. Was looking for a vazhaikkai recipe yesterday and got "Kalyana Vazhaikkai Curry" from your recipe list. Tried it yesterday to go with drumstick sambar. Needless to say that its a winner!! The sad part was that I just made with only one vazhaikkai. This one is definitely a keeper will be making it more often. Passed on the recipe to amma with all those aha moments I got from relishing this curry.

Question on Pasiparuppu idli (http://www.indusladies.com/forums/ask-chitvish/566-tasty-tiffins-tastier-snacks-3.html#post4157). Is it the yellow one we should use for this idli? How long does the batter stay in refrigerator? What other chutneys typically will go well with this idli? Thinking to make this one for the weekend.

Take care,
    Uma

Last edited: Aug 30, 2012
  2. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Thanksfor the FB & the phopto. From the photo I make out that water has been slightly in excess, thats all!!
    No specific ratio, but it is to your choice & availability!

1 person likes this.
  3. Chitvish

Dear Uma, nice hearing from you!!Allroasts "shrink" ( As though!) on cooking, banana especially!! I am glad you identified that recipe which is a favourite!!
    Pasiparuppu is the yellow one used & the dough is best not preseved in fridge for long once it is fermented. Pasiparupp has the thendency to turn sour very son.
    ANY chutney will go with it including coconut chutney.

4. Chitvish

Friends,
    It is not me, if I do not share with you,
    the fabulous jowar ravai (chola ravai) idli,
    I made this morning.
    Vellai chola ravai replaces idli ravai - that is the only difference. It is shown on the side.

jowar ravai idli.JPG

7 people like this.
  5. harinikanthi

harinikanthi Silver IL'ite

hi mam, i tried go green dosai,jiffy kancheepuram idli, carrot dosai for breakfast this week. every one liked it very much.instead of usual idly and dosai it made a difference. thank u so much.:rotfl

6. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Dear Chithra,
    I was able to find an organic store in Anna Nagar, called ezone go organic. All items are available there, same brands as Dhanyam. Convenient for me now. I made thinai pongal yesterday for breakfast and loved it very much. I am attaching a photo with this. Also today's breakfast was rawa idli. I cant say how much I enjoy cooking and eating too.

Attached Files:

4 people like this.
  7. Chitvish

Thankyou, Harinikanthi!! All these varieties keep away the word "bore" from our family!!

8. Chitvish

Good that you identified a good store!! Now you can literally mix & match, Varloo!!

9. radhaparth2000

radhaparth2000 Platinum IL'ite

Dear C,

I had muesli for breakfast and lunch was simple sambhar and cabbage curry. Tongue was longing to eat something good so I made arisi Uppuma for dinner. Had it with gotsu, it was such a hearty meal :) we both literally licked the plate, as you mentioned old is gold :)

10. Chitvish

Thanks for the FB, Radha!!
    I can't help mentioning that you contribute your shareto keep the forum moving!!
    Now I make arisi upma with varagarisi etc!!:tongue

2 people like this.