Chitvish Recipes - Post your comments here (part 4)

Discussion in 'Ask ChitVish' started by Chitvish, Sep 14, 2010.

1. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear Annam, the Homemaker,
    Thanks for your FB!!
    You can also make mokali, porridge etc with it. I use ragi, a lot :)

2. ramyaramani

ramyaramani Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear chitra ma,

I have tried ulundhu sadam, masoor dhal dosai, oats adai, paasiparuppu idli, khara idli, kara chutney, ammini kozhakattai, pav bhaji recipes in the past 30 days. Everything came out great.

The only recipe which I did not execute properly was hot cross bun. Looked like scones rather than buns. The yeast seemed to be a problem.

Thank you for sharing the recipes. I still have a long way to go. Have bookmarked many recipes.

3. Inbaroja

Inbaroja Silver IL'ite

Dear Mam,

It was our first anniversary yesterday. Please bless us. I will come again to tell you what I cooked for the special day.

4. Chitvish

Dear Ramya, for just a month, you have tried quite a few :thumbsup
    Yeast cookery is a bit difficult the first time; thereafter you will get it right. Read more about it in Google!!

5. Chitvish

Oh, Rojapoo, thanks for sharing it with us!!
    Our best wishes for more happiness, haarmony, not to leave out prosperity!!:)
    Today an ILite had come home & we were discussing what an enthusiastic new comer, you are, in my forum!!

6. babyraji

babyraji Silver IL'ite

Dear Mam,

its been a long time since i posted a fb here.having mom in law here,so not much of cooking from my side .
    came here to convey a spl thanks to you on behalf of mom(mil),little M, and me .we together baked eggless chocolate cake for fathers day n it was a super hit.had done the frosting n also glaze this time with whipped cream n strawberries, and the glazing with chocolate ganache.made it on friday as little M wanted it as a surprise for her pa n granpa.
    other than that the usual rice varieties n others have been tried many times.these days beetroot rice has been the winner with many repeats .

missing all the fbs n ilites here.

thanks for being there,without you n this forum i wouldnt have come so far!

love
    raji.

7. Chitvish

Dear raji,
    It is nice to receive a FB from old timers, occasionally.
    The cake must have looked grand with all the embellishments!!
    Thanks for the FB:)

8. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

REally missed the banter in the thread and missed you chithmam.. i know you update apps and the avtaar, but the banter and the motivation to try new stuff used to come from the fbs..

now maybe it is my brag time..

i cooked for many lunches at home..V used to bring somebody just like that.. and we had 2/3 dinner parties at home..

one was for 20 and another for 15..

for the 20- i made gobi-capsicum, vegetable pulao, chappathi, dal, channa masala, curd rice and icecream.

for the 15 - i made bisibelebath, curd rice, potato roast,chappathi, cabbage kootu, a dry pindi chana, salads, payasam, karudam, appalam and mango pickles..

did make some wonderful avakai with the mango that was available there..the food was finger linking good according to some of the people who had it..

in between i tried carrot kheer, caramel payasam, tomato pulao, and many more..some of the things have become part of our cooking menu that it becomes difficult to identify..

C did sphagetti in tomato and basil sauce with loads of vegetables.. V had it feeling a proud father..and V's colleague who has never tried it relished it.

coming to diet part, quinoa, oats, ragi have become part of my diet..and i don't find the difference..and have started loving the nutty flavour of brown rice.. the only regret when i was there, is though i wanted to bake, i did not have a oven..

back home , making lots of dhals, kitchdi, rava dosa, lapsi adai, lapsi idli..but the best thing that fil relishes is the dhokla..

today the kids were dull in the morning so i made muffins.. actually i wanted to make some eggless lave cake and this was the preamble... but the chocolate disappeared from the freezer :rotfl:rotfl only chips were there..and i had my doubts if they will melt as chocolate..but still added a few in few muffins..they did melt but were thick instead of oozing...but have found a keeper..nothing i tried your chocolate muffin (now which recipe i seriously don't remember as the ingredients and the measurements are by heart by now..)

the highlight is it is candy sugar, whole wheat chocolate muffins and nobody would believe it has very little oil,too.. the one meddling,:hide: was instead of water, i added the whey i had stocked after making paneer..

Will it be complete without a picture (now raji should have posted one for that beautiful cake right..) though not so great..

P.S. C loves that choco lava cake with icecream and i am sure i will master it and surprise her soon for her bday....fingers crossed...

Thanks for being there mam...

Attached Files:

13 people like this.
  9. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

I thought i should write this separately, when i see all those muffins, cookies being sold at exorbitant prices, i feel so proud that i am able to make something more healthier at home..i think all of us here should be proud..

2 people like this.
  10. damini

damini Gold IL'ite

Dear Chithramma,
    How are you? I totally agree with Shanvy that we all miss the banter here.
    Last week made Vanilla and Chocolate icecream with toned milk.DH felt it was not like last time when it was much creamier and richer. I got the compliment for the earlier one now:rotflMe and DD are enjoying it everyday. She wants me to make icecream every week and store. My niece who loves the chocolate icecream wanted her mother to try out this home-made icecream. DS suddenly decided that eating icecream will bring him fever. So he did not even taste it. So made Eggless chocolate cake with curds for him. I'm attaching a snap of it, forgive my failed attempt at chocolate gananche. The cake very tasty and soft. Need to learn the decoration techniques now.
    I made a big bottle of Manga Thokku and enjoying it. Also made Ven Pongal & Onion Puli gotsu. I have to say that the pongal was gliding down the throat even after hours of making:thumbsup.
    Love,
    Damini.
    Photo0340.jpg Photo0338.jpg

7 people like this.