Chitvish Recipes - Post your comments here (part 4)

Discussion in 'Ask ChitVish' started by Chitvish, Sep 14, 2010.

1. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dea P{on,
    Welcome back :)
    More than the long list (which pleases me), I am very happy that your confidence level has gone up!! That is exactly what I want!!

2. aishu22

aishu22 Gold IL'ite

Dear Chithuma,

I'm here with FB's.Day before i made banana dosai and potato carrot stew.It came out so good and tasted superb.My cousins were here.So it was a real treat to see them ask for more and finish the stew so fast. I had just 1 karandi left :-(

Yesterday night for dinner I ran out of veggies.I just had carrots left in the fridge.I was racking my brain to plan dinner for R...then I found the way at 9 pm. I grated carrot and made carrot oothappam.My savior really.....R gobbled all the 4 in no time.He kept telling it tastes so good without a side dish.He asked for the ingredients and when i told him.. he was shocked at the humble list:thumbsup He thought it was some cheese/paneer product.
    I was so elated that I made some thing so delicious just out of carrots!
    My heartfelt thanks. If not for you this would have not been possible.

3. Chitvish

Aish, so you rose up to the occasion!! It is nice to know the confidence you have developed!!

4. mom_of_2boys

mom_of_2boys Silver IL'ite

dearest chitramma

thu nights are usually very busy bcoz i have music class at 5 and when the kids go it is 6.30 and we have to have dinner at 6.15. so if i dont have dinner ready by 5, then it is always a frantic rush. before the class i had kept chow chow / dal and rice in the cooker .. so at 6.30 all i had time to do was temper the chow chow and add the pre thawed molagootal mix and boil it for 2 mins. and then we heated ready made chappathi and had chappathi, koottu and curd rice at 6.40. yay to the molagootal mix. i think i will keep one batch ground and frozen hereafter.
    luvs
    shyamals.

5. Chitvish

Dear S-s,
    it is now my turn to say "yay" to you!!
    You are proving that cooking is just a breeze with planning!! :thuumbsup

6. damini

damini Gold IL'ite

Dear Chithramma,
    celebrated Karthigai deepam today with Pori Urundai.The urundais have come out so well:bowdown.
    I'm running short of veggies, so made Millagu Kuzhambu yesterday-tasted super yummy with curd rice.Today it is curry leaves thokku.I even made a sandwich for myself with the thokku & peanut butter, different but tasty:rotflThank you.
    Love,
    Damini.

7. Chitvish

6 people like this.
  8. Inbaroja

Inbaroja Silver IL'ite

Dear Mam,

I am game for veg-dhal masala :)

Made appam(sweet and salt; both of them repeats) and pori urundai for Karthigai Pandigai. Nalla dhivyama sapptom. I guessed it already and made milagu rasam. We just needed a cup each of rasam and oru urundai thayir sadham after that. I have a traditional kalchatti from a time immemorial patti and thats my serving dish for thayir sadham.

For more than an hour now I have been trying to give the links. But, it wouldn't work.

Great day!

Hi Ms. Hridhaya,

Hope to see you soon here like before :)

Good to know your small onion sadham venture, Ms. Vahee and thank you Mam for this great recipe.

9. Inbaroja

Inbaroja Silver IL'ite

Mam,

I wrote back to you but couldn't notice(was a bit hectic here) that somehow it got disappeared. Sir seems to be very perfect and a tough judge. I think,he is a silent admirer of all your activities. Hope you have been outdoing yourself all your life(and gifted us with this forum) which is not everyone's cup of tea. People generally tend to get disinterested without motivation. So, behind you, Sir is the man :)

10. Chitvish

Dear Rojapoo,
    Please switch over to C from Mam et al!!No formalities!!
    I loved the way you have worded your FB!! :thumbsup
    I was using my kalchatti for quite some time. But now age, hand-tremor catching up, I do not want to break
    En arumai kallu chatti :biggrin2:
    You reminded everybody about small onion saadam - special thanks for that :)