Chitvish Recipes - Post your comments here (part 4)

Discussion in 'Ask ChitVish' started by Chitvish, Sep 14, 2010.

1. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Re: LRe: Chitvish Recipes - Post your comments here (part 4)

Thanks, Radha!! Fresh ground masala does score over a refrigerated one!!
    Special thanks for trying korda!!

2. Chitvish

Oh great recipe, Shan!! You are fond of oatsas much as I am!!Today I made fresh sprouts too & moong poha for breakfast!!
    moongpoha 2.jpg

3 people like this.
  3. Chitvish

Oh Saras, Ammini K takes a fraction of the time to eat compared to making it!!
    I am also alover of peas & mochai & definitely add to aviyal!
    A FB from you without photos is disappointing :biggrin2:

4. mom_of_2boys

mom_of_2boys Silver IL'ite

dearest chitramma

yest night made rava dosai and chutney for dinner. had some left over masal from prev day so we had masal onion rava dosai. yummy yummy. at first it does seem like a lot of water on the batter but u mix it up everytime and pour it quick and it turned out really great. i had two pans going one for the first side and one for the next.

we had brought some organic red rice from india. didnt know what to do with it.. when Abhishek (the singer) came last month, he was specifically asking for red or brown rice and i tried for his sake and we realised it tasted really good. so once a while, now we are also using it. it doesnt cook in the rice cooker and needs pressure cooking but comes out udiri and chewy. very yummy. made pulao with it yesterday.

luvs
    shyamals.

5. shvap_786

shvap_786 Gold IL'ite

Chitummaa...

Made mooli moong dhal, it turned out so good we all just loved it with roti and N had it with rice and ghee. yesterday dinner was pav bhaji, nowadays i feel thinking what is the menu is big work. so mostly i decide during weekend so that i buy and store it. thanks for everything

SS even i always keep two tawa's when i make wheat dosai or rava dosai, so the waiting time will be less...

6. Chitvish

Dear S-s,
    You did it right in keeping 2 tavas for rava dosai. Because the batter is very loose, it does take long time to cook. If you hurry & flip it, it will "hit back" by "kinding"!!!
    I thought the brown rice available there should be good & wonder why you had to take it from India.Because it does not become soft - kuzhasal at all, I don't buy it. V prefers rice very soft!!

7. Chitvish

Thanks, Vahee. Planning the week's menu helps us in buying right vegs!! Right amount too!!
    I prefer mooli dhal with hot rice & ghee. This morning I enjoyed mango dhal immensely & hence clicked it!!

8. charuchitthra

charuchitthra Bronze IL'ite

Dear Chithumma,

how are you? Hope u remember me. Vent been active in Il for a yaer now owing to a hard pregnancy. ve given birth to a lil wonder named adhyanth a month ago. slowly limping back to normalcy. cooking starting in a slower momentum now. tried moongpoha, karamani gashi and ashoka halwa as new trys. ve been cooking a lot from the regulars. ll try to be active in Il and in giving feedbacks from now on. Hope evrything is fine with you.

Love,
    CC

9. damini

damini Gold IL'ite

Dear Chithramma,
    Made Cauliflower Manchurian & roti for dinner yesterday. We enjoyed it immensely:thumbsup.It was so easy to make - very few ingredients, no prior preparation,no elaborate procedure but very jiffy & tasty.Steaming cauliflower in MW in a great idea, it gave the right texture.Also repeated Pudina saadam but this time with Baby Potato Roast, made a good combo.Thank you.
    Love,
    Damini.

10. lijo

lijo Silver IL'ite

Hello ma'am...after a tough fight the internet is finally moving (fingers crossed!). Missed IL...I should say my DH missed it more than me ;-) Checked yesterday and tried Sambar Saadam for dinner. The flavor filled the house...wow! This morning made Exotic Vegetable Toast ...that was real jiffy and we topped it with some ketchup and finished it even quicker :) Racing through the index to try new ones!