Chitvish Recipes - Post your comments here (part 4)

Discussion in 'Ask ChitVish' started by Chitvish, Sep 14, 2010.

1. Saraswathipv

Saraswathipv IL Hall of Fame

Dear mami,

I made Aloo Dum and Ennai Kathirikkai Kuzambu during the weekends. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    My mil is kathrikai lover and asked me to give the recipe, so that she can do it when she is back home in India :).

My aloo dum's color was not as light like yours. Could it be due to the chilli powder? The taste was awesome though.
    Can we do the same procedure for any other veggies instead of aloo..like cauliflower etc ?

Thanx [​IMG]

2. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Thanks Saras! Nobody can resist e k kuzambu; then how can a brinjal lover do it??

Yes, cilli powder must be the victim!
    I do not think, any other veg will suit dum. I hav given a mushroom dhum, I think!!

3. honeybee

honeybee Gold IL'ite

Dear chith
    I made carrot green peas subji -karnataka style with rotis for dinner y'day.The subji was awesome.We loved it.The crushed cloves& cinnamon imparted a nice unique flavour to the dish.:thumbsup
    BTW I am sincerely hunting for the set dosa tawa,hope I get it somewhere soon.:spin

Been thinking of you these days everytime I see the prestige microchef ad.Have you started using it?

regards
    sowmya

4. Chitvish

Dear Sowmya, my honey,
    Atlast a FB for carrot peas sagu!! I was wondering why nobody bothered to try such a nice sabji!!
    About Prestige MW, unless they show demonstration, it is not easy to use it. The manual is a waste - they don't show the basics of cooking dhal & rice. That is what I bought it for.Vegs do not require that big a vessel at all!

5. honeybee

honeybee Gold IL'ite

6. radhaparth2000

radhaparth2000 Platinum IL'ite

Dear chitramma,

I am coming to chennai next weekend. Planning to carry some biscuits to mom so made salt biscuits
    yesterday. It came out so well, mil didn't like it much as she is a sweet lover. She is the biggest fan for my biscuits so I am making benne biscuits now, the first batch is ready. What a flavor wow mil loves these!! Also thru the contacts in IL I managed to locate a shop in Hyd where we get all baking products and moulds. Picked baking trays, muffin tins and cake moulds.
    I am ready to try cakes now!! Will do so and come with my feedback.
    Thanks for making me soo confident in baking,

Last edited: Mar 27, 2011
  7. deepaakrishnan

deepaakrishnan Bronze IL'ite

Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii maami

i need help urgently. my uncle in chennai is buying the paniyaram pan and mini uttapam pan for me. he tried rathna stores - but they told him that prestige paniyaram pans with flat base for US type stoves is not there - there was only one local brand. he is going to try other places - can you recommend any other store where i can tell him to buy it.

Is mini uttapam pan a single pan or like dosa tava with facility for three to four uttapams? there was no stock of mini uttapam pan too. i have to mail him immediately so that he can buy it and he is leaving for mumbai today night. only then will i get it . maami can you please help me

warm regards
    deepa

8. Chitvish

Deepaa,
    Remember today being Sunday, not many shops will be open.
    Flat pans may b available only in Prestige Smart kitchen showrooms, but they will be closed today. You can enquire in B'bay Prestige.
    Please see the mini uthappam pan in gadgets thread. Nirali brand is available in Bombay also.
    If not in Rathna, I cannoy think of other shops. He may enquire Prmier Brand in any shops for paniyaram pan.

9. Chitvish

I am very happy that you could locate where to buy bakery things! That is very important!!
    I do hope you become a great baker!!
    Benne biscuit is nothing but aroma! :tongue

10. shvap_786

shvap_786 Gold IL'ite

Dear chitummaa...

Yesterday for dinner made khara dosai... a twist from adai and oothaappam... very nice.... just had it with idli podi...

Today for dabba made jiffy carrot rice and onion raitha... made it after a very long time... thanks for all this interesting receipes...