Chitvish Recipes - Post your comments here (part 4)

Discussion in 'Ask ChitVish' started by Chitvish, Sep 14, 2010.

1. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Ayoo, aarthi,,
    Appidiye kannai allarathu!
    At this rate I wonder if I should start a thread exclusively for FB photos!!:)
    V eating kichdi is very good - nutritious!! I am trying more khichdis & each is better &
    easier than the other!.
    Good that you made khoa at home.
    Great going, aarthi!

2. Chitvish

Thanks!:)
    stuffed vegetable dhal rice is full of aroma!! Thanks for trying it!

3. Chitvish

4. radhaparth2000

radhaparth2000 Platinum IL'ite

Dear mami,

My in-laws are back from chennai. Today evening I tried butter biscuits it came out awesome. As I said earlier my husband is a big bakery fan he fell in love with these biscuits. My in-laws are also singing in praise for my biscuits. I was sharing kaju magic pics with mil & she wants it tomo. So planning to bake one batch tomo. Actually first few biscuits of butter biscuits got little burnt as I kept for 30 minutes. I am actually using Mw Android second batch got cooked in 16 mts.also it expanded nicely.mmi can u give some tips on which biscuits expand on baking?

5. eagle

eagle Bronze IL'ite

Dear Chitra,
    I made Coriander Leaf Sambar and Orange rasam today. It was so aromatic and tasted divine. My family loved it. Thanks for sharing such awesome recipes.

Love
    Shobana

6. Chitvish

Radha, even a slight increase in butter can expand biscuits /cookies on baking.But some are supposed to.
    The temperature has to be perfect.
    You must always watch out when the second batch is cooking because, the oven is already very hot, having baked a first batch.
    Today I am posting Kesar Nan khatai becase I am in a hurry to try chocolae nan-khatai!!
    Thanks Radha - I am happy you have a bakery fan at home since I plan to post strawberry-coconut cookies, with which V (of all people!:hide:) has fallen in love with. But one good thing - he is my best critic & has no dakshinyam in telling me "I don't know what - but it is not perfect'!!

7. Chitvish

Must have been a colourful meal with white rice!!
    Thanks, Shobana!:)

8. Saraswathipv

Saraswathipv IL Hall of Fame

Dear Mami,

As usual have been repeating some of the recipes in the last few days. Among them were -

Theeyal ..doing it after a long time. I remember repeating it often after I first did it. Now its after nearly a year I did..and simply loved it with lots of chinna vengayam :)

Masal Dosai ..a favourite for DH anytime anyday.

Wheat Halwa Yesterday was DH's b'day. MIL joined me in the kindufying process and she was happy with the way the halwa came out in the end :-D.

She is a great fan of Puli Venda Saar :biggrin2:. She often does it back home. I did it the first time last week..and it was repeated couple of days back too.

Few days back made Mixture too.

Finally I mustered the courage to buy a slab of dark chocolate :hiya. Will slowly dive into the Chocolate sections. But after couple of days. Too much of sweets, with halwa and other items at home now :crazy.

Bye

Last edited: Mar 6, 2011
  9. vijayasampath

vijayasampath Gold IL'ite

Dear chitra ma..

yes i think i was lucky that day since i made on maha shivrathri(gods grace)...i should get the same result the next time i make..:)

Now going to make Spicy Punjabi Kadhi.

thank you

10. malathyj

malathyj Silver IL'ite

Mami

Tried the mango ginger chutney, so tangy.. yummy i made it for Rava Idly.. it was too good.