Chitvish Recipes - Post your comments here (part 3)

Discussion in 'Ask ChitVish' started by Chitvish, Jun 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vishalini3

Vishalini3 Silver IL'ite

Chithramma, I made beans parupu usili today, with jiffy p.usili powder. For 1cup of powder, 1/3cup of water, was not at all enough i felt, powder nanaiyaradhuke poralamma, then i took about 1/2cup water, let it for 30mins, steamed it for 15mins, then did the tadka, fried this steamed mix for 2mins, then cooked beans and done :))))) I really liked this instant usili, instead of soaking dhals, grinding, steaming and seasoning :) Thankyou, my DD ate 1full bowl of beans usili, with curd, what more can i ask for :) You made my day! Now my mom is begging for instant usili powder receipe, lol! Get well soon!

2. radhaparth2000

radhaparth2000 Platinum IL'ite

Dear Chitra ma,

Hope you doing alright now. I shared your Pal payasam recipe with my mom she did it last week for Aadi friday, she was all in praise of me :) :bowdown All goes to you mami.

I usually take roti and sabzi for lunch. Roti's are soft but the taste of subzi usually changes when we eat it (I pack box at 7:30ish and lunch at 1:00 ish). I have tried Dhal Mahkni,fry,tadka, Paneer subzi, channa etc., but they all nice when we have it hot at home. Can you suggest what subzi's will go well for lunch box for roti's.

3. aswini

aswini Senior IL'ite

Dear Maami,

Hope you are doing good. Made Paruppu arisi sappadu yesterday with brown rice. It came out really good.I added some frozen black eye peas to it to increase the protein content. Super simple and takes no time. Made vendakkari roast to go with it.

Take care.
    thanks a lot,
    Aswini

4. Mathu

Mathu Senior IL'ite

Hi Saraswathi,
    Yeah it would have been great to have some company to do all these things.Anyways, even now you can drop in for a weekend trip.We will be very happy to have some people around:)

Yeah we really missed meeting up.Infact I still have your Riyadh landline number in my phone.But feeling bad that I couldn't even call you once when you were here:bonkToo much caught with pregnancy and delivery at that time :)

Until we catch up we can share our experiences here in this forum....

Aunty,sorry for making this place an aratai koodam:)

Last edited: Aug 18, 2010
  5. Laxmi

Laxmi Administrator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Dear All,

Am posting this on behalf of Chitvish. She is not keeping good and needs further medical treatment. So she has shifted back to her daughter's place and will not be available in the forum till her medical procedures are over and is back to normalcy.

On her request am closing this thread.

Praying God that she recovers and gets well soon.

6. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

I cannot understand how I missed this.

So sorry to know about Chitvish still not being well.

Dear Chithra, you are in my thoughts and here's wishing you a very speedy recovery.

Get well fast and come back soon, we miss you dearly.

Love,
    Kamla

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.