Chitvish Recipes - Post your comments here (part 3)

Discussion in 'Ask ChitVish' started by Chitvish, Jun 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear Vaidehi,
    Though I gave you mint podi recipe, I have neever tried it! Now, I must!!
    If not fermentation, only fruit salt will make any dish porous!
    My son Kmar just cannot resist unniappams!!
    Love,
    Chithra.

2. Chitvish

Dear SB,
    On cooking thoroughly, methi bitterness vanishes! In this, the coc milk flavour scores!!:thumbsup
    Tanks.
    Love,
    Chithra.

3. Chitvish

Dear LS,
    Believe me, this is the first ime I am hearing that somebody likes green tea a all. Only after making ice tea, I drink it at all! Good that Akshu also likes it!:)
    Love,
    Chithra.
    Are you a 'smiley-queen'??

4. shyamalashiva

shyamalashiva Senior IL'ite

Hi Raji,

I had to laugh out loud..Avil and Avial.. With Chitra Mam's unlimited recipe source I thought avil is a dish quite new to me. You saved me time searching A-Z index.

Bye,
    Shyamala

5. shyamalashiva

shyamalashiva Senior IL'ite

Dear Chitramma,

Ella pughalum ungazhukke.. Thanks for all the recipes and the S by S which is truly helpful. I will try MK for anna too. You recipes have not only transformed my cooking skills but also S's eating also.. generally a very hesistant one to try new things, he is now asking me to do a variety. I am quite happy.

Also I read your post about giving children curds.. Lil'S doesnt touch anything with curds.. smoothie or fruit pulp mixed or even MK..esp she doesnt like curd rice. She doesnt take enough aavin milk too. I have to show actions of putting little coffee decoction in her milk glass only then she will atleast taste it.. Other than those two, she is generally a very samaththu baby in eating.. Any ideas to make her eat curds and increase the intake of milk , please?

Thanks,

Love
    Shyamala

Last edited: Jul 11, 2009
  6. Ami

Ami Silver IL'ite

Kids' Perennial Permanent favorite...

Hi Dear Mrs.Chithra,

Hope you are doing good.

Summer vacation has started for our kids, so, just roaming around for kids' sake and hardly got a chance to try any new items, but, still repeating all yr old recipes.

Yesterday, my son's friend came over and he liked only particularly pasta, tried perennial pasta dish and it was simply awesome which was my son's comment. Though couldn't taste due to friday, the way the plates were cleaned up just by eating itself assured that it was true!!

Thanks a lot..

Bye.

7. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Re: Kids' Perennial Permanent favorite...

Dear Chithra,
    came back on Thursday evening after settling Aravindh in hostel.
    Made milagu kuzhambu and paruppu thogayal yesterday to give our stomachs rest. Just superb and soothing for us. I have reserved so that I could take after 2 days.
    And congrats on the new gadget, laptop. Now, all dishes could be even webcast, R is hoping. Also he wishes that the dishes could be downloaded to taste also.

8. archana.kc

archana.kc Gold IL'ite

Dear CV!!

You remember me noting down a recepie for Vanilla Buns from your books - here it is for you!

DSC07124.JPG

This was so easy and required the most basic of things. It sure is a keeper. One more thing to add on, I remember you had made a note saying this will give 6 portions - and you were 100 % right! Just what I wanted. I have been wanting to make this for quite sometime now, and the just "one" egg factor and less quantity made it apt for the day. Also, it takes barely 20 - 30 mins! :thumbsup

Also made Fig Burfi and Khoa Chocolate. The former was super. I have kept it to set in the fridge. Khoa chocolate could not be made into a burfi. I plan to roll it into balls, and then run in over dessicated cocnuts.This is the first time I am trying my hand in making a burfi, religiously took printouts of your Tips of Burfis along with the recpie. My amma and thambi are out for the day! They are going to be mighty suprised :). I plan to m(b)ake another batch of vanilla buns over the week! Yum!

9. shubhavasudevan

shubhavasudevan Senior IL'ite

Dear Chitra

these are the dishes I tried last week.

Sweet sour paneer- a ver very easy and wonderful taste. I had it with phulkas though I enjoyed it very much I am sure it will be great with chinese noodles or fried rice. Must try for all.

Next is aloo dum. I have come across more complicated receipes for this but this one is the simplest. The potatoes were not good. But still enjoyed it very much.

Again I made kashmiri roti a melt in the mouth roti. I made it phulka type.

I didn't see the apricot burfi first so tried the apricot trufle. Simple and tasty can eat without any guilt. Will try aricot burfi soon.
    For neivedhyam one day I made raa kesari. So easy and perfect. I know kesari can also be tricky some times. I was so happy to get a perfect taste and texture.

Saw your nice pic with the lap top. Next you need a Robot secretary to keep up with your speed and enthusiasm.

I hope you won't mind me passing on your p.m id to my daughter. She wants to mail you.

Thanks chitra for all your efforts.

With Best Regards
    shubha

10. Chitvish

SS, quite a few babies dislike the very smell & taste of curds.You have to really try a wide range of varieties - add a drop of rose milk, make lassi with mango or grapes etc etc.
    when you eat curd rice,make sure she watches you eating it with pickles, kuzambu etc."act' as if it is so cooling, nice etc!!
    Develop the taste gradually 7 patiently1
    love,
    Chithra.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.