Chitvish Recipes - Post your comments here (part 3)

Discussion in 'Ask ChitVish' started by Chitvish, Jun 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

L, if I have the leisure & inclination, I google for smileys & copy-paste them. Do I not owe you all some lighter moments in this forum?? :biggrin2:
    Love,
    Chithra

2. Traveller

Traveller Gold IL'ite

Dear chithramma,

After seeing Nithya's FB i too got tempted to make novel tiffin sambar for dinner. Also featured in the menu was american maavu dosai... ore thrill to get godumai and maida dosai like rava dosai. Romba apt jodi:) as you mention the sambar is jiffy if cooked toor dal is in hands.

Latha

3. Laxmi

Laxmi Administrator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Dear Chitra,
    It is indeed a pleasure to interact with you here in your forums and want to share with you the thrill and excitement of the caramel popcorn. I made caramel popcorns for Aditi's birthday party. Lucky for me that I made a bigger lot for the party. Needles to say the crunchy taste of the popcorn with sugar coated caramel made it a big hit among Aditi's friends.
    Another of my excitement I wanted to share is the Jiffy Kootu powder and it is so handy is the under statement. My girls always ask for Variety rice for lunch so along with vegetable kootu it makes a good combo.
    Tried the Mooli Moong dhal, it was so quick, easy, non- hassle recipe and yet the taste so simply outstanding. I made it in the morning so that used it as a side dish for Idlis and as well for lunch along with rice. It is a universal side dish and goes well with chapathis too.
    Regards
    Laxmi

Last edited: Jul 10, 2009
  4. radhikrish

radhikrish Silver IL'ite

Dear Chitra mam,

Tried dhokla and dhal makhni last week. Dhokla came out well , but some parts were not cooked/steamed properly. After starting to cut the pieces only I realised that some portions require more steaming. However the texture and taste was good on the portions which came out well.

Dhal makhni was one dish I tried after clarifying various doubts with you. But it didnt turn out as expected. I felt it should have been more spicy and also it was very creamy in texture even though I added only milk and cream was avoided for obvious reasons. This is one dish which I have tasted in restaurants and loved it. But some how didnt come out as expected. Now I am scared to try once again without knowing where is the fault.

5. amar_priya

amar_priya Senior IL'ite

Dear C,

Today made Vengaya sambar for lunch. After finished cooking I thought I forgot to add tomatoes. Then saw it isnt in recipe. I always thought sambar is made with tomatoes and tamarind. And coming to taste, it was very good, manama irundhadhu. My son liked it.

In "Cooking dhals in a pressure cooker", Methi pappu is missing.

Love,
    Priya

6. Chitvish

Latha, NT sambar has a nice flavour because of the freshly ground powder!!
    But, you must try those 2 dosais, adding onions as for rava dosai! You willl enjoy more.
    Love,
    Chithra.

7. Chitvish

Nice to receive your FBs in this thread - I always get them only over phone! :biggrin2:
    My version of Caramel popcorn is a light crunchy recipe. Some add cond milk,bake etc which make it a cumbersome procedure!
    Do try instant rasam powder - that is my most favourite of all jiffies!!
    Thanks for all FBs.
    Love,
    Chithra.

8. Chitvish

Dear Radhi,
    I wonder how some parts of dhokla cannot be cooked??:idea
    Peraps the steaming time was not sufficient. Just now I made American sweet corn dhokla in muffin tins, ofcourse only by steaming. It is perfect.
    Dhal makhni is more creamy but less spicy always, as far as I know. May be you can increase the spice levels to suit your taste buds. Do try - if you like it so much, you should be able to make it!
    Love,,
    Chithra

9. Chitvish

Dear Priya, for vengaya sambar, I follow the traditional recipe; so no tomatoes. Adding tomatoes is a recent thing I have started doing!
    I will add on methi pappu, thanks.
    Love,
    Chithra.

10. radhikrish

radhikrish Silver IL'ite

Dear chitra mam,

I think the vessel in which the batter was poured and kept for steaming slightly got tilted to one direction while getting steamed inside cooker. :bonk So the bottom portion where more batter was there didnt get cooked properly. That is how it happened. With your encouraging words, I will try dhal makhni once again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.