Chitvish Recipes - Post your comments here (part 3)

Discussion in 'Ask ChitVish' started by Chitvish, Jun 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear Latha, welcome back home!!
    It must have been a great pleasure for appa & amma to eat your cooking!!~ Do call at your leisure.
    Enjoy!!
    Love,
    Chithra.

2. mom_of_2boys

mom_of_2boys Silver IL'ite

dear chitra mami
    thx for the link.. i have seen them before as well. adulendu than i picked the corn cutlet. it is so amazing that you have thot about almost every single aspect of cooking and planning.

i have a question about the idli batter.. so i had the batter in the fridge for a while (almost 2 weeks) and most of the top part was used up for idlis.. what is left is the bottom (kallu maavu) and i tried dosai with it yest and it had no fluff and was really kallu. how do i help salvage the batter ? the next time i grind for idlis, i can take a little plain urad batter and add to it. will that help ?

thanks
    shyamals.

3. aarthi7

aarthi7 Senior IL'ite

dear mami,

bhathura-chole looks absolutely yummy,,
    made CHANNA -MINT PULAO today,,this is a regular repeat at our home,,ds loves it..also am taking soups everyday at night,,y day was the CREAMY CARROT SOUP and today have planned for SWEET CORN soup or BROCCOLI SOUP...with lots of snowfall forecast over the next few days,,planning to make more soups and some snacks as well..

thanks
    aarthi

4. Chitvish

Dear S-s, all housewives in East & West have common needs!!
    Did you grind my idli batter or a different recipe?? Mine goes well for oothappams (soft) till the last ladleful! Every time, mix the batter well so that the bottom does not become heavy. Yes, add some extra urad ground; but make dosai & not idlis.
    Love,
    Chithra.

5. Chitvish

Dear aarthi, believe me, this is the best bhatura, I have ever made!
    Winter is the ideal season for soups! Please try my Italian potato soup
    Italian Potato Soup
    It is a great recipe & my favourite!!
    Thanks for the FBs.
    Love,
    Chithra.

6. NISHA BALAJI

NISHA BALAJI Senior IL'ite

Dearest mam...

Keerai is my most UNfavourite dish...
    Since i had it in the fridge i made the ONE WHISTLE GREENS in http://www.indusladies.com/forums/s...-step-photos-veggie-maniacs-2.html#post973676

I tried it with palak...what should i say???????!!!!!!!Minimal ingredients...Min Time...and it gives MAXIMUM taste,health and satisfaction..

The last time i was in India my MIL made keerai and i was teasing her that only "COW" eat leaves...

Today when i told her that i made palak here ...she was surprised and laughing :) and quoted the "COW" dialouge back to me...:hide:

Also i tried to add some protien with iron...so made MILK PHULKHA in

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/s...-step-photos-rotis-parathas-2.html#post965482

So rich.. and healthy

Thankyou for everything:bowdown

Lots of Luv
    Nisha

Last edited: Jan 6, 2010
  7. NISHA BALAJI

NISHA BALAJI Senior IL'ite

wow mamm...perfect combo..
    I love bhaturas.

Today my husband called in to tell me that he will be coming a bit late for lunch so i had more time for a extra dish for lunch and i imm got in to the recipes and made Ready Mix Paruppusili
    I used beans for this.

I have to tell you that this is the first time i am making Paruppuusili...and it was awesome...first time itself superhit so pogha pogha superduper hit :)

thankyou

Luv
    Nisha

Last edited: Jan 7, 2010
  8. mom_of_2boys

mom_of_2boys Silver IL'ite

how could u ask if it is a diff recipe to a loyal CV ite ??!! .. urs only but like u said, i did not mix everytime bcoz i wanted extra super soft idlis and also i made p arisi/u dal appam batter and that was lying around and i mixed them both together. i am also thinking that i will make masoor dhal dosai or adai with this.

9. pixelarch

pixelarch Senior IL'ite

Dear Chitramma

For Lunch Yday made Pepper-Jeera Rasam and Omum MK. Both were very tasty. Pepper Jeera rasam broke the monotony and is good to have on a cold windy day.
    Today im going to make your Dhal_roti

-P

10. Sakshi

Sakshi Senior IL'ite

Dear Chitra Maami,

A very belated Happy New Year to you!! I hope you had a blast. Even though I have been away from feedback thread, I have been trying a some new and some old recipes of yours. Just been sick for a long time and now eagerly waiting for my parents to come here. Hopefully, I'll get my body and my immunity back soon. The countdown has begun!!

I had recently tried you alu-methi recipe..the one with gravy and my my..talk about awesome taste!!! I was a little unsure about the coconut milk in the recipe. Actually was not sure if I had a very thin coconut milk but the end result was simply awesome. Loved it with roti and simple Jeera rice. My DH enjoyed it little too much. I had to hide some from him..to satisfy my craving next day.

I also stole your tip...cooking pumpkin with dal and used the same for Thalagam for Thiruvadhirai this year. Absolutely wonderful recipe. Romba creamy and very subtle sweet flavor. I have been doing the same for all my special sunday sambar..pretty much every week.

I had a few friends visit us during Christmas and made your Milagu kuzhambu ,paruppu thogyal and one-whistle keerai one night. Talk about cleaning out the pathiram, even her kids licked their plates clean. Loved seeing that. She even made me prepare an extra batch of kuzhambu and tomato thokku for her trip back home. Very virru virrunnu..wonderful!!! A simple and non-eventful dinner turned out to be highlight of their trip.

Thank you so much for such wonderful dishes. I will be back..periodically.

Love,
    Sakshi...:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.