Chitvish Recipes - Post your comments here (part 3)

Discussion in 'Ask ChitVish' started by Chitvish, Jun 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. latharam09

latharam09 Platinum IL'ite

Dear chithramma,

Today prepared choco pista roll - finally got it right. shape is good looking and taste is also tooooo good.

On diwali, i did dates kheer for naivedhyam. my fil appreciated very much on it. (No cooking, we went out)

For breakfast made puliaval today. for dh lunch, made white pumpkin rasakalan with chenai roast as side dish. Uthra got too confused what to have as breakfast. finally she had puliaval and rasakalan rice as well.

Thank you very much.

Latha

2. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear VK, nice to see you here again.
    :)
    I can imagine the taste of
    Milk Besan Burfi.( Instead of plain milk , i used almond, cashew milk:biggrin2:
    Please see my post with D bhakshanams- they were the D ones!!
    Love,
    Chithra

3. Chitvish

dear Beti, good that you tried the elegant saffron peda!
    Rangoli does signify a festival spirit & I did'nt know, you are so multi-talented!!
    Love,
    Chithra.

4. Chitvish

Latha, glad to know hat you got choco pista roll righ!
    Your DD has solved the problem of what to eat, very sensibly!! good & smart!!
    Love,
    Chithra.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2009
  5. mom_of_2boys

mom_of_2boys Silver IL'ite

dearest chitra mami

yest made moong sprout dhal fry. simple quick easy creamy and oh so yummy. had it with chappathi. a relaxing uneventful day after a long time.

for kids lunch made alu paratha today morning.

luvs
    shyamals.

6. Deepa

Deepa Senior IL'ite

Dear Mrs.Chitra,

Yesterday, I made morchar and today it is puli venthasar. Yes, we do need dishes to lighten our tummy. Have some morning errands to run. So had to make lunch early. My house is filled with aroma now. Priya is actually having second thoughts going to school now. This brought sweet old memories, when amma used to make it quite frequently after pandigais. I tasted it and it tastes so tangy and delicious.
    Thankyou for bringing back this super dish back into my home.
    Regards,
    Deepa

7. Chitvish

Dear S-s, dhal fry is such a simple yet deliciously creamy dish!
    Good that you are 'unfolding'!
    Love,
    Chithra.

8. kanaka Raghavan

kanaka Raghavan IL Hall of Fame

Dear Chitra Ma'am
    Sorry for delayed feedback.It was Chitvish recipes which filled my Diwali savouries and sweet menu this year.I made mixture,ribbon pakoda,chocolate peda,seven cup cake ,date roll .It tasted good.Legyam tasted quite good and my dear husband said this was the best he had ever had so far inspite of having cookery queens like his mom and grandma...........I tried malai burfi as well
    ,but it was like halwa ,wonder where I went wrong.One more query ,I have to ask,inspite of trying out burfis and cakes,I still do not know when to remove it from the stove and start cutting pieces.This doubt hovers in the back of my mind all the time.Though the peda and cake tasted good they were taken out in different shapes.But the taste was outstanding according to my friends.Thanks a million ..........I tried kalasamber kuzambu today.The taste lingers in my mouth still.Thank you............I will be very grateful if you could clarify my query..........

9. Chitvish

Dear Deepa, believe me, I am sending a copy of your post to Thanu!!
    She made morchar y day & complained to me that it is a very insipid dish. First she took it for lunch box which was not the right decision & also she did'nt use sour curds.
    There is a kerala equivalent to morchar called 'milaku vellam' whic is a great favourite for V! I am not posting it because there may not be many takers!
    Thanks & love,
    Chithra.

10. gayathrikartik

gayathrikartik Senior IL'ite

Hello Mrs. C

Got settled after a busy weekend. Received Akka's bakshanam right on Deepavali day. So, relished it. The badham halwa was simply out of the world. And we all liked the other bakshanams as well.

Yesterday made Ennai kathirikkai kuzhambu and had it with vazhakkai curry. simply superb. delicious. suda suda lunch on a cold autumn day.

Thanks a lot
    Love
    GK

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.