Chitvish Recipes - Post your comments here (part 3)

Discussion in 'Ask ChitVish' started by Chitvish, Jun 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KavithaKannan

KavithaKannan Senior IL'ite

Dear Chitvish :queen

For D I made Rose Flower Chirote. Attaching the pic for your fb. Thanks a ton.

Wish you happy Diwali.

Love,
    Kavitha:bowdown

Attached Files:

2. chidambaripanyam

chidambaripanyam Senior IL'ite

Dear Latha

Thankyou very much for your compliments. All credit goes to Mrs.Chitra Madam.

Wish you and your family a very happy deepavali

Happy deepavali to all our IL friends.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2009
  3. samayal

samayal Silver IL'ite

Dear Mami.

Yesterday I made badam burfi,chocolate burfi and Lapsi mango halwa. All of them were super tasty.

I made baked thattai, for some reason I was not able to pat it as it was crumbling. I still baked it but it was like salt biscuit. It was a flop, maybe I need to practice it.

I will upload the pictures in few days. It was a treat to see all of our friends's bakshanam.

Wish you and all our IL friends a very happy deepavali.

4. Nandshyam

Nandshyam IL Hall of Fame

illai.. one year no celebration for us.. FIL side la thavaritaa.. so :) But as I said earlier.. norukku theeni solli made RP and Thenkuzhal ;-)

ippo doing something.. surprise.. mudichutu vanthu solren.. no lunch innaiku.. subway thaan :mrgreen:

5. Traveller

Traveller Gold IL'ite

don't know Chithramma! I measured in gms only... i made half the quantity of the proportion you had given and 1/4 cup butter = 57gms. may be next time i'll crack:)

The gopa puri has come very well. since there is no picture i don't know how it should look like. i'll post mine later and you can tell me:) you've spoilt us royally with SBS.. this recipe konjam thavichu poitten:hide:. DH was saying the puri will taste great as a chat.

now i'm going to make my final dish... suspense will come back with picture:)

thank you so much Uma. i can't tell you how melted i am with all compliments. never in my life i imagined i could make all these with such ease. sure whenever you're here let me know and i'll eagerly await my victim LOL!

Latha

6. sabarimathi

sabarimathi Gold IL'ite

amma,

since u were waiting for the cake fb - choco cake - was really excellent. Me a jain tried the eggless version, it was excellent. I was worried abt the rising . But, soda bicarb and y'r kai padam did the trick. I just couldn't stop patting myself, congratulating, what else and what not. Oh, thank u God, in y'r form.......

7. Saraswathipv

Saraswathipv IL Hall of Fame

Dear Mami,

I made Boondhi Laddu.

Whenever I read your replies to any FBs for this sweet about getting a perfect round laddu, I always wondered, why should it be difficult, considering that I have often made good boondhis.
    Today I understood..after rolling two or three, I thought I will abandon the idea of making laddus and have it as boondhis only. But then did not want to give up...I kept washing and drying my hands after every two laddus..and finally got beautiful round ones :)

Bye

8. Shilpa77

Shilpa77 Senior IL'ite

Dear Maami,

Question on boondis.. I made the bajji like batter and spread it in a jalli karandi like laddle - did not have boondi karandi ( the traditional one).. but some boondis were round and puffy, others were flat.

I took a ladle full of batter , held the karandi on top of oil and poured on it. The moment I did this it would are start dripping into big lumps . Should I keep moving the boondhi karandi around?..

Would like to know what step I did not follow. -- it is my first time trying boondhis though..

Thanks and happy deepavali for thala deepavali in house. It is thalai deepavali for my brother as well..

-Shilpa.

9. gayathrikartik

gayathrikartik Senior IL'ite

Happy Deepavali!

Hello Mrs. C

Happy deepavali to you. Am waiting for tomorrow. already deepavali kalai katta aarambichachu. Finished with lehiyam today.

Waiting for akka's bakshanams. We usually mail each other bakshanams for every occasion(atleast nerla parka mudiyattalum). and also make it sure that we don't do the same items.

Will definitely come back with fbs.

Love
    GK

10. nimmisrinath

nimmisrinath Senior IL'ite

hai aunty,
    you said it right my sugar padam had the problems,so i kept it for somemore time and finally it was done excellent the taste was reall heavenly.made thenkuzal today came out well i will attach the photo later. will make angel burfi again tomorrow. regarding pumkins i bought a real big one thats the reason so have kept in the freezer after cutting . will make olan as you said. the sweets spread looks really mouth watering.

love
    nimmi

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.