Chitvish Recipes - Post your comments here (part 3)

Discussion in 'Ask ChitVish' started by Chitvish, Jun 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nithya1607

nithya1607 Senior IL'ite

Hi Latha,
    It was available in Lidl. Brand name is "Crownfield", a big yellow box with pictures and all. It is written as corn flakes only in English. You will find in next to all the cereals, just be careful to check it doesn't have sugar. There are some with "mit Zucker" written too, and they look very similar.

Cheers,
    Nithya

2. sundarusha

sundarusha Gold IL'ite

Gayathri,

this is the uruli my mother had used exclusively for mysorepak and she handed it to me. I have also used it only for mp. I have stalled buying a smoothtop glass range solely due to this uruli. But now my mind is made up, and I am getting rid of my coil range soon. Uruli will go to the closet or become a decoration piece on top of ledge!

3. archana.kc

archana.kc Gold IL'ite

Chitra Ma,

Absolutely love the flow of FB's. It is so delicious to read them :). Today planned to make Dry Fruit Halwa, but could not get Liquid Glucose :-(. Had to postpone it till my next visit to Walltax Road. So, the D's sweets are

The Butter Badusha 's were excellent. I kneaded with the help of a electric beater, and gave the final pushes by hand. Paati had seen the making of badushas and was repeatedly telling me on how tough it was :). My Periamma called from DC, and was like - Wow, Nee Badusha Pannaraya???, and asked for the recipe! Here is a picture! Though I had a live demo, the SBS instructions really helped to a great extent.

DSC07524.JPG

Next FB is for MW Caramel Fudge. This is such a wonderful tasting sweet! I dont know if I got the texture right, but it stayed like a burfi in about 2 hours, and I refregirated it! Amma loves this and has been gobbling one from that time!
    IMG_0008.jpg

After having the Custard Fruit Kheer, I could not resist but make it. Did not get Vanilla flavoured custard powder- hence used pineapple!
    IMG_0007.jpg

And for the karams - Ribbon Pakoda :). Have let the milk settle for Easy Pressure Cooker Halwa, will be back with FB tomorrow!

Over time, there is a great community and family feel with each and every one of the forum visitors here! Wish your families, mainly your kids a very safe and prosperous Diwali! Wishes to you Chitra Ma, and to Thanu for her Thala Diwali! I feel so superb to be your sishyai now. Thanks a million!

Lots of Love

Arch

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 16, 2009
  4. Traveller

Traveller Gold IL'ite

Chidambari,

what to say.. such excellent results. i vote for the laddoos esp they're absolutely top-class:)

Arch, dear kutti ponnu:

see i'm not being partial to your age but this is the best badusha ever. and i'm sure it's just not the pictures doing the trick. thank you to you too Arch dear for the SBS. you can see for yourself how many of us have benefited this year. and us giving FB is really a teeny weeny token of thanks:)

Nithya,

Thank you for the tip. I thought all corn flakes off supermarket shelves are not raw! i'll check it out next time.

Dear chithramma,

the murukkus done and i've made dough for gopa puri. i know i'm going a bit overboard but the kids are too good today so better make hay while the sun shines:cheers. i realised towards the last couple of batch that the rice flour i have needs a sprinkle of water now n then to get 'udainchu pogama' thenkuzhal. so that's what i did and i have 5 full shape kuzhals:) i told amma that i made badam halwa and she's thrilled. she usually asks me to bring cake/cookies when i go to chennai but this time the request is badam halwa:)

Latha

5. nandhinikumar

nandhinikumar New IL'ite

Dear Chitra Mam,

For Black Urud Dal Vadai, Do i need to remove the skin for some after soaking or can i grid soaked dal as it is ? I would like to make this vada for Venkatesa Perumal for Puratasi sani, on tomorrow since its the last saturday, .

I enjoy and love to go thru ur recipes before making any dish. Eagerly waiting for ur reply. Thanks in advance.

Nandhini

6. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear Nandini, grind with the skin - that is the speciality of this vadai.
    Thanks.
    Love,
    Chithra.

7. Chitvish

Oh, such a nice Fb!! Your love for cooking, love for akka - all coupled & paying you rich dividends!!
    C P roll is a pretty looking sweet also!!
    Thanks & love,
    Chithra.

8. Chitvish

Dear Beti, that you enjoy cooking inspite of hectic IT career routine is so nice to note. I can imagine a parent's pride in daughter's cooking!
    Good that you found time to make a sweet also! Indulge - nothing wrong!!
    Happy deepavali.
    love,
    Chithra

Last edited: Oct 16, 2009
  9. meenakshirajan

meenakshirajan Silver IL'ite

Dear Chitra Madam,
    Today i made Date-malai Halwa. It came out so well. Nice taste and aroma. Thanks for the recipe madam. Lalitha is all in praise of your Badusha recipe.Should try it out.
    Meenakshi

10. Cutepavi

Cutepavi Silver IL'ite

Hi chitra aunty,
    Do you have an ukkarai and inji lehyam recipe?? Am searching that for a long time :hide:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.