Chitvish Recipes - Post your comments here (part 3)

Discussion in 'Ask ChitVish' started by Chitvish, Jun 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. radhikrish

radhikrish Silver IL'ite

thanks Latha for your prompt reply and pasting the link. I have seen many times in this forum that you come up with helping tips to others, even if they ask Chitramma. Once you have cleared my doubt also like that. Thanks dear . I dont know whether I can try badam halwa before Diwali, if not I will surely try this in the near future itself . Will let you know how it came.

Thanks for the wishes and Wish you and your family also a very happy Diwali. :)

Radhi

Last edited: Oct 16, 2009
  2. chidambaripanyam

chidambaripanyam Senior IL'ite

Dear Madam

Made Manoharam. The name itself tells how the taste is. It is so so tasty. Thanks a lot madam. Even though we add just 2 tsp of sugar at the end, little bit sugar sticked to the bottom of vessel. I think some jaggery varieties vary in its sweetness . I followed u r procedure correctly but little more sweetness in this. But sweet means it should have that much sweet also.Actually i made this on wednesday but today its taste is very very good. so sweet. Yesterday night my husband came from australia . so today i can able to post my photos and fb's.

Attached Files:

3. chidambaripanyam

Dear Madam

This is with regard to OTTU PAKODA.
    I have done without adding garlic. Very very tasty and crispy.After doing this, i have a doubt madam. After grinding the rice ,the dough should be paste or coarse. I got fear if i add more water then dough may become liquid so stopped grinding when the dough is little coarse. I know making murrukkus with rice flour only. Now from u i came to know with dough also we can make it. Thankyou so much madam.

Attached Files:

4. chidambaripanyam

Dear Madam

I made Boondhi Laddu. Earlier also i made Boondhi laddu and gave my fb's also. But still now also i would like to share my boondhi laddu with you. As usual it turned out very well. I feel making boondhi laddu with single hand is a little bit risky. so i would like to purchase sugar thermometer . Madam where can i get sugar thermometer?. Thankyou so much madam.

Attached Files:

5. chidambaripanyam

Dear Madam

Yesterday made Mixture. My daughter will eat only plain boondhi so made little quantity of plain boondhi and simple mixture with adding poha,fried gram dhal and peanuts. I am very happy to share with you that i could able to get my boondhi without any head and tail. It came very nicely like small balls. Thank you so much madam.

Attached Files:

6. chidambaripanyam

Dear Madam

I made my attempt for Butter Badusha. I feel i have not succeed very well. I will definitely try this badusha in the coming days .I did kneading with my hand. Outer portion is nice and it has its sweetness but inside a little bit hard and not cooked well. Where i made a mistake? Is it due to kneading not done properly or badushas have to cook little more time in oil ?

Please look at my photo and kindly guide me .
    Once again thankyou so much madam.

with best regards

Attached Files:

7. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear Radhi, you have kept it on the stove for a little more time than necessary - hence it has become powdery!:-(
    I see that Latha has given you the link!:)
    Deepavali greetings.
    Love,
    Chithra,

8. nithya1607

nithya1607 Senior IL'ite

Hello Mami,
    Just finished making cornflakes mixture. Awesome! So unbelievably jiffy. It is amazing that for the first time, I have made 3 sweets and 2 savories, and have not spent more than 2 hours altogether!! Many many thanks to your jiffy and delicious recipes. I am done with specials now, will wind up soon with marundhu :D

I never knew cornflakes tastes so awesome when fried :D I was eating them even before mixing with other ingredients. Also added some fried karuveppilai as I love them.

Wish you and your family and wonderful Deepavali. Will be back later with routine FBs :)

Cheers,
    Nithya

9. Chitvish

Dear Latha, I think for choc the padam has not been reached. A little more must be right.
    The same with khoa also. I have shown a photo! How much more can I guide??
    Anyway MW mysorepak is a success & I am very happy.
    Happy deepavali.
    Love,
    Chithra.

10. Chitvish

Dear Chidambari, absolutely yummy(deli)cious goodies!! Look perfect, the savouries & sp: the laddus. I just loved looking at them. I think for badusha, the dough has becme 'dense'. Did you follow all the tips without fail?? The kneading must be done very gently, that is the main trick. Anyway, don't bother now.
    As far as I know sugar thermometer is not available in India, only abroad.
    Great FBs with phoos, Chidambari!!
    Happy Deepavali.
    Love,
    Chithra.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.