Chitvish Recipes - Post your comments here (part 3)

Discussion in 'Ask ChitVish' started by Chitvish, Jun 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Winniethepooh

Winniethepooh Senior IL'ite

Dearest Aunty,
    I am so happy and thrilled to hear you are taking the kalchatti out. No Aunty, I don't have the iron seva nazhi. What I have is a wooden one which I inherited from my Patti. But next time when I come to india I will get that one too.
    Today for evening snack I made kunuku. It was so authentic. I also grinded for venthaya dosa Karnataka style. Will give you the fb when I make it...

Thanks a million times Aunty

love,
    Winnie

2. Traveller

Traveller Gold IL'ite

oh wonderful new recipes Chithramma. i'm redoing my list:hide:.

the choco-pista rolls... will they keep good for 3-4 days outside fridge (it's quite cold here). i plan to make with mock khoya.

Latha

3. Ami

Ami Silver IL'ite

Thanks for the comment, Archana..

Priya, both of the sweets looks absolutely professional. Wanted to make, but, have already made up my list, so only next time or next year!!

Bye.

4. Shijiskumar

Shijiskumar Bronze IL'ite

Hi chitra mam,
    thank you so much for your immediate reply..

I will have a detailed search from tomorrow.

5. shvap_786

shvap_786 Gold IL'ite

Dear chitumma...

Since i have to leave cleaning is going on... big cabbage was left over in the fridge so made cabbage sadam... tasted yummy and very simple dish too..
    i made pal paniyaram again coz my little one asked me... first time she asked for a sweet and her comment was "soft balls with yummy milk" so did for her... Passed your super thenkuzal receipe to one of my friend, she tried and gave a wow FB, special thing she said was easy to press... thanks for everything...

Last edited: Oct 12, 2009
  6. radhikrish

radhikrish Silver IL'ite

Dear mami,

Tried namak para. Came very crispy and tasty, though the favourite of all was shakkar para. I am thinking of making another batch before D. Made Novel thattai on sunday. Came crispy and tasty, but one problem I faced was, the thattais when fried in oil, lot of particles in powedery form fell to the oil and settled and had to be removed after each batch. I think it is the peanut/fried gram mix which was added to the maida batter . what could have been the mistake which I have done, that it started crumbling? :oops:
    I have seen my mother making normal rice thattais, which doesnt disintegrate.

Tried panchavati dal yesterday night for chapathi. Everyone loved it, very soft and creamy. I am sure I will repeat this often, as my husband also likes dal for chapathis . Today for lunch I made easy vegetable pulao with onion/tomato raitha. It tasted very well. I was a bit apprehensive , because of the khas khas, as you know, I get some peculiar taste because of that. But I added lonly ittle only and i didnt get that particular taste and it was really well made. Next time, I should try bhoondi pomegranate raitha to go with it, as given in your recipe.

I really feel like trying out butter bhadusha, after seeing lalitha's and priya's photos. But am scared to try it, as I am not confident about the padam of the syrup. Will give you fb , if at all I try it. Till such time, I will look at the photos and :tongue

Thanks mami

Radhi

7. sundaribhaskar

sundaribhaskar Bronze IL'ite

hi madam,

made aapam with thirunelveli sodhi. Usually i make stew but this time i changed it. Both main and side dish came out well. thanks

Love

Sundari bhaskar

8. gayathriar

gayathriar Bronze IL'ite

Dear C

Adithya is a year old and am back into full fledged action...!

On saturday, made sambar powder, mysore rasam powder, pepper jeera rasam powder, milaku kuzhambu, Mysore rasam with the newly made powder and MW tomato chutney. Mysore rasam was out of the world. I usually use the family recipe with coconut added. But, this has entirely eliminated coconut with the same favourite flavour. What an handy powder it is C. Can't thank you enough for this.

Yesterday, besides the batter for idli and atta dosai made crispy cashew and baked thattai. Both were excellent. Loved the crunchy cashew - really aristocratic and the savory cookie aka baked thattai. SBS for crispy cashew was very useful. Otherwise would not have understood the thick batter requried in the recipe..!

Also, I have started making one whistle rasam. The result is excellent. I now understand how important a tool PP is...!

I have a few questions:
    1. I have long chillies. How do I measure that - break into pieces to fit in the cup or just approximately?
    2. Have you tried making one-whistle rasam with eeya chombu inside the PP?
    3. The crispy cashew doesn't have any fat, but the subsequent batches were foaming like the other savories with fat. Is that normal?

-Gayathri.

9. Priya Amarnath

Priya Amarnath Bronze IL'ite

Dear Rama,

Thanks for your nice words.

Love
    Priya

10. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear Vahee, Thanks. I am very ha[ppy you & Nagla have fallen in love with pal paniyaram & you have perfected it as well!
    Cabbage sadam is meal in one dish!:tongue
    My thanks to your friend!
    Love,
    Chithra.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.