Chitvish Recipes - Post your comments here (part 3)

Discussion in 'Ask ChitVish' started by Chitvish, Jun 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deepa

Deepa Senior IL'ite

Dear Mrs.chitra,
    Thankyou for sharing the super thenguzhal recipe with us. I made it today and it is super tasty! Perfect measurement that yields crunchy white thenguzhals. Tomorrow I plan on making ottu pakoda. Will be back with fb.
    Regards,
    Deepa

2. Deepa

Deepa Senior IL'ite

Dear Rama,
    Just saw your Mysore pa photo. Absolultely fabulous. Very even pieces and good color. I bet it tastes very good too. You are a mysorepak expert Rama, making it so many number of times. Too bad could not see Amitha's face!

Deepa

3. Ami

Ami Silver IL'ite

Dear Deepa,

Thanks for the compliments. Atleast, I am only a MP expert, but, you, Deepa, r a multithings expert, right?? Will send the kids' pictures to yr mail id shortly.

Have not started yet on kaaram side. Good that you have started already becoz, can call and clarify if i have any silly questions!!

Rama.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2009
  4. shubhavasudevan

shubhavasudevan Senior IL'ite

Dear Chitra

All the sweets and savories are too tempting to try . Today saw the wheat halwa and tried the same with half the qty. It is very tasty just glides down and easy to prepare also. It takes a while to get the right consistencey may be i was too impatient. A must try for every one. It is too irresistable. I have to try some karam vaireties.

Thanks for all the wonderful receipes. So many of them too.I would like to try all the sweets but I will end up eating but I don't mind it

with best regards
    shubha

5. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Oh, Neha, at this rate, just a few hours after posting, I will got to VF & see if you have tried & posted there! You have tried not one, but two, a savoury too! I am super-happy with your speed. Generally women give a small baby as an excuse, whereas you have proved that by organised planning, one can find time for everything one wants to do.
    I like that atttitude in you & APPLAUD YOUR ATTIUDE.
    Yo have served tea in style!:thumbsup
    Thanks & love,
    Chithra

6. Chitvish

Dear Laxmi, I am maha-thrilled!! Your speed, like Neha's is amazing. Your decoration with choc vermicelli looks elegant & stylish!
    Pista-choco roll is looking very nice too!
    Somewhere, I was wondering, if I was posting recipes, one oo many. BUT, I now realise that tastes differ vastly & each chooses a different dish!!
    Laxmi, can't help saying, being a bakery expert, you chose to try the coconut muffins.
    Friends, even a little quantity can be tried with that recipe - it is otally fool-proof!
    Thanks, thanks & thanks.
    Love,
    Chithra.

7. Chitvish

Deepa, that is typical of you!! The thenkuzals last crisp for a week!
    Y day I tried thattai with parboiled rice. They could not be patted thin, but a only a little bit thick. But absolutely 'perfect' in V's words (He is a hard nut to crack & never comments!). Amma gave me a measurement for parboiled rice thenkuzl also. Maybe, I will postpone them all to next year!!
    I thought it will be difficul to grind in grinder without adding much water; but it was so easy & there was no need for extra water at all.
    Now, I await for your ottu pakoda FB!!:idea
    Love,
    Chithra.

8. Chitvish

Dear Shubha, nice to get a D feedback from you!
    Yes, it takes a litte time to get the right consistencey, though my ILite friend said se took only 50 mtes to make it.
    Don' worry, Shubha - I also eat all that I make under the pretext of 'tasting for perfection'!
    Thanks for the first FB on atta halwa.:thumbsup
    Love,
    Chithra.

9. Priya Amarnath

Priya Amarnath Bronze IL'ite

My dear Chithra,

Today I made Corn flakes mixture and Butter badhusha. They turned out well. I still remember the demo which you gave for Badhusha when I visited last year. I was able to follow through your step by step instructions with ease, since the recipe got registered well. My badushas turned out well and is just melt in mouth. I did the kneading in FP, so the dough consistency was perfect.

I also made corn flakes mixture, it was very simple yet a tasty savoury. I bought a metal strainer that sits inside my Kadai, so frying part was very easy. I used cashewnuts, peanuts, raisins and potato straws apart from corn flakes. I was able to fry them evenly with out getting black.

I am planning to try few other sweets and savouries in the coming days, shall write to you about them. I have uploaded the pictures of badhusha and corn flakes mixture, please take a look at them.

Love and regards
    Priya

Attached Files:

10. Chitvish

Priya, Sneha Priye, I am just 'zapped' by all the picture-perfect photos that every one of you has been posting!
    Both your dishes look too good! Though you have not decorated the badushas, you have arranged them in a beautifully designed plate! They look sooooooo pretty, Priye!!
    It is very good that you bought a metal strainer that sits inside your Kadai - you can use it for chiwda also!
    My D is arriving everyday!!
    Love,
    Chithra.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.