Chitvish Recipes - Post your comments here (part 3)

Discussion in 'Ask ChitVish' started by Chitvish, Jun 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lalitha Shivaguru

Lalitha Shivaguru Platinum IL'ite

Dear Mami,

Very late to give this fb but you obviously know the reasons of all the sodhanais. Krishna janmashtami I was reeling under a high temp of 103 hence mom tried out the caramel poha payasam while I went on giving instructions. It tasted heavenly inspite of the temperature and bitter tongue.

Finally mom gave the verdict.."nowadays you have become gurukku minjina shishyan" as she is my first guru in the ABC of cooking. This was possible only due to one person and we all know who she is.... Ellam pugazhum mamikke...

As usual H & K to you.

2. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Deear GK,
    Capsicum was not known to me also for very long; but red capsicum is a very recent veg in Chennai. A friend makes chutney with it. I will ask her & post the recipe, specially for you!:)
    Love,
    Chithra.

3. Chitvish

Thanks, Priya. I adore those milk phulkas made in FP!! As you say, ghee is superfluous in that!
    Thanks and love,
    Chithra.

4. babyraji

babyraji Silver IL'ite

Dear Mam,

today for bf tried the recipe of "ragi oothappam".it was so different and soft .the taste is toogd with mashed potatoes.ideal breakfast recipe for us as well my little one.

combi was with normal tomato chutney.the combi tasted great.
    last evening prepared the pumpkin soup.repeated after long time but relished till last drop.

thank u for making meal times pleasurable.

lots of love
    raji

5. Chitvish

Dear Vids,
    Nice hearing from you. Perhaps channa does not agree with babies, yet. Give a gap and then try.
    Running behind toddlers is enough exercise, Vids! Do you really need
    jogging stroller ? But I am happy that you are exercising the right way.Yes, use all gagets with safety lock with small babies around.Baking and recipes will wait.
    My hugs to M &V - juniors!
    Love,
    Chithra.

6. Chitvish

Dear Lali,
    Nice to see you back after your rendez-vous with chickenguniya!:biggrin2:
    Thank God that your mom complimented you. Even now, I have to struggle to get one from Amma!!
    A R Rahman,besides Jai Ho has immortalised this ella pugazum............ phrase also!
    Thanks & take care.
    love,
    Chithra.

7. Chitvish

Dear Raji, I love & use ragi a lot! Even for lunch, I make similar to ragi mudde with 2 tsp of cooked rice or rice rava or lapsi etc. Do try my ragi khichu for a change.
    I tried zucchini soup successfully but did'nt take the photo. Will post it.
    Thanks & love,
    Chithra.

8. radhikrish

radhikrish Silver IL'ite

Dear Mami,

Made Kanchipuram idli for dinner yesterday night. I steamed it in two vessels of three inch height. (two cooker vessels). It came out perfect, texture was soft, fluffy and porous and taste was very good. We had it with cocunut chutney. My mother who is here on a short visit, liked it very much and was commenting, I will collect the recipe from you later and make for your appa , he may also like it . She asked whether the recipe is from your internet mami friend( that is how she addresses you, because from the moment she landed in chennai I have been going on telling about an 'enigma' (arputha piravi ) called chitra mami- how much I adore, respect.....I dont have words to explain. My feelings are not only for your talent in culinary skills, but more for your kowledge on spiritual pursuits)

Mami, I have one doubt, can we make it in idli plates like ordinary idlis, may be, by pouring very little batter, giving it sufficient space for expanding. Have you tried that ?

Today evening I am making palak paratha. Will give you fb tomorrow.

Now since my mother is with me for couple of weeks , I have to try out new things and make her happy, for all the selfless sacrifices which she has done as a mother.

Thanks mami.

Radhi

9. Chitvish

Dear Radhi,
    Nice to know that you are enjoying your mother's company right now - it is a blessing.
    K idli can be steamed in regular idli plates also just like regular idlis.
    Shall wait for your & amma's, palak paratha FB.
    Do convey your internet mami's enquiries to Amma!:biggrin2:
    Love,
    Chithra.

10. Traveller

Traveller Gold IL'ite

That's so nice to read, Radhi.. me getting very senti. everytime i carry some recipe or the other to make for my mom but she never allows me to enter the kitchen. such a sweet daughter, you are:)

Dear chithramma,

success, success, success. remember our conversation sometime back with Nandu about kuzhambu karuvadam? amma told me that this one is made with ulundu and there's another sambar vadam that is made as you told. She also told that the latter she has heard in Madurai:) so the batch that amma got depleted so i was itching to make what with our balcony blessed with abundant sun.. antha naal vadam project nyabagam vandathe!!!! i soaked ulundu in fridge following your tips for vadai; minced green chillies very fine with knife and added it along with ulundu in grinder. can't tell you in words how perfect the maavu was. i, for a moment, thought of making vadai instead. oh i'm so glad the vadai maavu has unveiled to me... thank you thank you.....

Latha

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.