Chitvish Recipes - Post your comments here (part 3)

Discussion in 'Ask ChitVish' started by Chitvish, Jun 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. samayal

samayal Silver IL'ite

Mami,

I want to eat something tangy and spicy hence for dinner I made Garlic milagu kuzhambu. Niram, suvai and manam was oho. Dh is like V mama, he is not a great fan of garlic, anyway it's a treat for me.

2. Chitra Anand

Chitra Anand Bronze IL'ite

you are right NS,my son has become so independant,cooks well and takes good care of his things.He was always like this but since he was always with me,I was not sure,how he would take care when he goes to hostel but I am so happy to tell you that he does everything perfectly .
    My Fb for today is Beetroot Parantha and matar paneer.Great combo and best taste.Thanks a lot NS.:bowdown

3. Traveller

Traveller Gold IL'ite

nejamma Chithramma. i'm delighted to discover new dishes everyday. but still a long way to go:) amma was proud that i made seedai without fire-crackers. she always makes them well but last year she had vaana vedikkai so this year she only made the sweet stuff. she's very happy that i'm taking over the legacy:)

Latha

4. gayathrikartik

gayathrikartik Senior IL'ite

Hello Mrs. C

Today for lunch made Red Pulao. Tasted amazing. I never tasted capscicum before marriage. My mil introduced it to me when she came here. What an amazing taste. Nowadays i eat it raw in salads.

And that too i am crazy about the red kind. Had it with simple raita.

Thanks again.

Love
    GK

5. Ami

Ami Silver IL'ite

Re: K.k.

Recollecting the lines...
    "POOVODU SERNDHA NARUM..."!!!!!!!!!!

6. Priya Amarnath

Priya Amarnath Bronze IL'ite

My dear Chithra,

Today I made chappathi dough in food processor adding milk instead of water. My chappthis were super soft and delicious. Normally, I apply very little ghee on chappathis after taking it out from the tava. But today I did not add ghee but still the chappthis were very soft. Thanks for sharing yet another tip for making soft chappathis.

Love and regards
    Priya

7. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear Brindha, rava dosai is simple, to make the batter - but making thin & crisp dosais tests the merit of the cook! So you accomplished it creditably!:thumbsup
    I loved your argument, Brindha. Such 'sweet debates make life spicy'!:biggrin2:
    Love,
    Chithra.

8. Chitvish

Vidu, if we cook & cater only to the taste of the spouse,
    namakku naaku (aduvum neeLamaka irundhal,) chethu pogum!:-(
    So, we must cook what we like also! These kuzambus last well in the fridge! Good thing for us!:-D
    Love,
    Chithra.

9. vmur

vmur Silver IL'ite

Dearest Chith,

I soaked channa thinking I will make Channa Batura, but was too tired running after the kids, so I made herbal hummus instead. It was such a wonderful chutney/spread! Epdi idhodha tastea varnikkaradhunne teriyala. I spread the hummus over multigrain bread, sliced some tomatoes and cucumber and gobbled it all up. The twins tasted some of it, but made such a cute face everytime they took a bite!! Must be the tanginess of the curds, the spices and the garlic smell. Is it too early to introduce channa for them? I have give them a few before, but they seem to get a bit too gassy with it.

You are tempting me too much with the baking recipes, romba thuru thurunnu irukku try panna, but the oven in our current home doesn't have a lock, and the kids broke the safety lock that I had installed. We will be moving to a new home in a week, and the first thing I am going to try is your chocolates and all the buns/cakes. And btw, I got a jogging stroller so I can burn all the calories from all tasting of the baking trials!!

Love
    Vidya

Last edited: Aug 20, 2009
  10. Chitvish

Chitra, I too wrote this from my personal experience only. After C A, Kumar went to the U S for his M B A. When he came back, I saw a completely different, independent, more mature Kumar! That made me realise that eventhogh as moms,we feel sad when children leave our nests, they bloom as individuals.
    All these - cabbage, carrot, gobi, beetroot etc parathas are specially soft!
    Love,
    Chithra.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.