Chitvish Recipes - Post your comments here (part 3)

Discussion in 'Ask ChitVish' started by Chitvish, Jun 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aishu22

aishu22 Gold IL'ite

Dear Chithu,

Today it was sprouted methi sambhar with beans curry for lunch.Sprouted Methi Sambhar was excellent!!

Last edited: Aug 19, 2009
  2. mom_of_2boys

mom_of_2boys Silver IL'ite

dear chitra mami

today made tomato pulao with cucumber raitha for lunch. now i have gotten quite confident with the tomato pulao recipe that i dont have to refer to it at all. easy and yummy every single time. i added some peas to it to increase the vege quotient in the lunch.

since my kutti cooker is more tall than wide, i dont feel comfy using it for rice varieties.. i use it only for liquidy recipes. the alternate that i have been successfully using is the electric rice cooker. whenever your recipe for the rice says begin with pressure pan, i begin with normal pan and at the end of assembling, i move them all into the rice cooker and it is truly, fill it, shut it, forget it, bcoz it automatically comes to warm setting once it is done.

luvs
    shyamals.

3. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Lakshmi, I am very happy since I am never fed up with rava dosa FB!
    A friend of mine said she will not add more than 2 cups of ater. When her dosais turned out thick, she promptly added more water!!
    Love,
    Chithra.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2009
  4. amar_priya

amar_priya Senior IL'ite

Dear C,

Made kalkandu sadham today. It is yummy and delicious. Supera irundhadhu. My son was licking it. It was made for my vazhaikappu, brought back sweet memories. :)

Love,
    Priya

5. Chitvish

Dear Aish, I am very happy that youngsters like you cook & eat nutritious disheslike sproued methi, without prejudice!
    Love,
    Chithra.

6. Chitvish

Oh, S-s, I still continue to refer to my recipe every time - too much does create confusion at times!:spin
    Yes, tall cooker is ideal for dhal etc & not for rice. Electric rice cooker is a good alternative for pulaos.
    Love,
    Chithra.

7. Chitvish

Sweet FB, Priya. Perhaps your son developed a liking for it even when he was in your tummy??!!
    Love,
    Chithra.

8. Traveller

Traveller Gold IL'ite

Dear Chithramma,

I must first give FB for the fab sambars i make these days... the simple trick of tomato:) y'day was okra sambar with the vegetable fried patiently and the one n only green chilli from my balcony garden also added;) today pavakkai sambar with jain cabbage curry. the latter... what can i say. i shredded very fresh cabbage with knife.. that itself was relaxing since paiyan was busy with painting (read sprinkling paints all over the floor) and daughter sleeping. the cabbage got cooked in a jiffy. tomatoes, again, add such a lovely flavour to this dish. i skipped the red chilli powder since it tasted great with just the green chillies itself.

now Aish babes has tempted me with sprouted methi sambar... since long time on my list. just now made mango pulp.

Latha

9. Chitvish

Dear Latha, I am so very happy!
    I can make out that you are really developing an inerest in cooking!The way you write about chopping cabbage says it all! :tongue
    Do try sprouted methi sambar - such a healthy dish!
    Love,
    Chithra.

10. brindhaaa

brindhaaa Bronze IL'ite

Dearestttt Chitra Mam

Today made Rava dosai for dinner .. IL is raining with Rava dosai it seems !!!! Excellent is a small word ..:thumbsup Thanks a ton for all your tips , which i dutifully followed and the result , needless to say ..

Also made Caramel Semiya payasam for my son's monthly birthday .. As you have mentioned CSP easier to make than Caramel payasam and i liked the taste than Caramel payasam .. U know today i had a debate with husband which one is super.. He said CP , i said CSP :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.