Chitvish Recipes - Post your comments here (part 3)

Discussion in 'Ask ChitVish' started by Chitvish, Jun 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear Friends, Since the second thread takes time to load, I am starting the third thread.
    I cannot thank you all enough!!
    Pray, all of you stay tuned!
    Love,
    Chithra.

2. shyamalashiva

shyamalashiva Senior IL'ite

Dear Chitramma,

Glad to be the first one to post FB on the new thread. Today gave Rose Milk for Shiva and he liked it very much. Have given a bottle to my SIL for her two boys. I tried giving to Little S, but she didnt seem to take on it. I always have a tough time making her drinking aavin milk, thought may be the rose smell will mask the milk smell..yet no success. Will try again tomorrow.

Also made fresh lime again today and had one big glass all for myself.. very good.

Thanks once again.

Love
    Shyamala

3. Deepa

Deepa Senior IL'ite

Dear Mrs.Chitra,
    Made Mango Smoothy today. We all loved it a lot. More smoothy fbs to follow. Thankyou.
    Regards,
    Deepa

4. Saraswathipv

Saraswathipv IL Hall of Fame

Dear mami,

I made Ammini Kozakkattai in the evening. Just loved it. It looked so cute :biggrin2: and was tasty too.

Earlier in the day, I made Apple-Carrot-Ginger-Pear Juice...Yes, I omitted mint because, I didn't have it...added a few coriander leaves instead.
    It was so filling. I drank a small glass of it and almost skipped my meals.

Though I usually avoid carrot in juices....I liked this one :).

I hope to come back with more of juice FBs soon.

Bye

Last edited: Jun 22, 2009
  5. Traveller

Traveller Gold IL'ite

Dear chithramma,

Though I am not the mothal boni this time, I am glad to be in the first page (hoping i'll not be pushed to the second page:hide:).

Atlast made jain cabbage stir-fry sabji. jiffy, tasty, novel dish. for dinner such a delicious mix between adai and dosai - oats dosai with onions. oats has never tasted so good (stiff competition only from oats-apple halwa).

bought nice fresh mullangi to try out the new dal. will give FB soon....

third thread of comments... vaazhga valamudan. I must say this again... i'm so lucky to have found IL and hence you, Chithramma. Thank you for everything.

Latha

6. pixelarch

pixelarch Senior IL'ite

Dear Chitramma :)

Nice to be the first few on your newest thread. Its getting very hot here. I believe people back home in bombay are enjoying rains.... aah i miss rains :)

Last few days i made quite a few things and especially tried out dishes from your old is gold thread.

Rava Puli Upma just like u have given, i made twice and we had once with tomato onion chutney and another time with green chutney. Both times it was liked. Second time i reduced 1 mor milakai as it was very spicy.

Ulundu vadai was soft inside and crisp. Made puliyodarai and had with cucumber raita.

Potato bonda and chutney. It tasted very nice with the green chillies and ginger in it. Sodabi carb made the exterior soft yet slightly crisp and golden like your photo. Guised this in a Pav and made it Vada Pav yday.
    By the time i finished frying it all it disappeared.

Tried Paneer pakoras a few mins back. they are just yumm. Will have with tea when dh comes home :thumbsup
    Back to eating a lot of fried :biglaugh should start the smoothie routine again :spinsoon

plan to try more of your old is gold and will fb soon

Love
    -P

7. pixelarch

pixelarch Senior IL'ite

oops i forgot to mention abt alu palak, again made twice, once the regular way and the other the jain way. i added tomatoes to it as i believe in your picture u had added it too.... just a different taste.
    both were very tasty.

8. mom_of_2boys

mom_of_2boys Silver IL'ite

dear chitra mami

melum pala nooru nool noorka iraivanai vendugiren :thumbsup

wanted to share an interesting event this weekend. romba nala i was wanting to try to make a solar cooker at home ... i got some easy plan from the internet using two cardboard boxes and aluminium foil. i had it built and ready during the winter. yest was very bright and sunny and hot. so i got it all set up and kept it in a sunny spot in the yard with two cups of rice. every 5 mins once, me my DH, my two boys and my dad and fil would all check on it from outside. after 2 hrs, we could see bubbles on the corner of the pot and we opend and touched the water, the water was quite hot. so then after another 2 more hours, we saw it was stil the same, so i removed some water and adjusted the panels to point to the afternoon sun and then kept it in a different spot. then after 2 more hours, we finally decided to give up. by then the rice was all very well soaked and in the hot water, it was 20% cooked.. but it didnt become sadam .. so i took it back in.. in the evening, i soaked a mix of daals and made it into adai maavu. today evening we used it up for dinner. sooo our dinner was adai with solar cooked maavu.. i am not going to give up on it yet. another sunny day, another time nu solliruken :cheers

btw, yest evening made sharja for evening snack. kids loved it as well.

luvs
    shyamals.

9. Nandshyam

Nandshyam IL Hall of Fame

WOOOW... super chitra amma... !!!

I cannot thank IL enough to have known you !!! :) :)

M2B sona mathiri... naraiya nool noorka my prayers :bowdown:bowdown:bowdown

God Bless !!!

10. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear SS,
    Some kids have a prejudice against coloured milk. Add very little rose syrup to the milk & try for suraabhi. But please do not force.
    In this scorching heat, lime juice makes a great drink! Today I plan to post Iced tea.
    Love,
    Chithra.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.