Chitvish Recipes - Post your comments here (part 2)

Discussion in 'Ask ChitVish' started by Chitvish, Oct 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shvap_786

shvap_786 Gold IL'ite

Dear Chithu...
    Good to know thanu's wedding on well... That's great details about the wedding , hope you all had a great time... when you are talking about the e-invitation, yes that was a great idea and seeing it for the first time...

Since N is again kind of sick did'nt do much

here goes the menu...

1. vendhaya pongal with gotsu... now this pongal has become one of my favourite pongal too...

2. bombay chutney very jiffy and yummy, it was too good with phulkas...

3. sharjah, orange carrot , pineapple & ice cream all was yummy yummy...

2. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Thanks, Vaidehi.
    Homemade Tamrind Paste is much more "sour" & hence economical as well.
    Adding a dollop of ghee toany pulao does enhance the aroma.
    Once you have perfected idlis, sick to the method - please do not change!
    Love,
    Chithra.

3. Chitvish

Thanks, Vahee.
    I am happy to read your FBs. But, Nagla not being well again bothers me! :-(
    Take care of her.
    Love,
    Chithra.

4. babyraji

babyraji Silver IL'ite

Dear Mam,

its good to know about Thanu's wedding details.its always a pleasure to read your posts on or off topic.lots to learn from you.please do share the photos of wedding.

today as its raining heavily here,repeated the chilli bajji again.it was yummm,with a piping hot coffee the bajjis were heavenly.and they dont absorb more oil too,thts the goodness of your receipe.

other than that its been a regular cooking but with most of your receipes.

waiting for the cinnamon rolls mam :)

thanks for every thing.your tips are a great boon for us the cooking is more pleasurable with them.

lots of love
    raji

5. Chitvish

Dear Raji, it is high time, you send the rains across to us here! The heat is just sweltering!!
    I will post cinnamon rolls tomorrow!
    Love,
    Chithra.

6. nimmisrinath

nimmisrinath Senior IL'ite

hi chitra aunty,
    how was the wedding. My self was sick for a few days with cold,malaria n typhoid ,had a real tough time. I made ginger garlic rasam n was really soothing for the throat. i made tutti fruiti cake n guess wat it cake out super soft for the first time. I had bought measuring spoons n cup so i measured exsactly ,it was really really nice thnk u aunty. my hubby was saying the credit goes 2 IL chitra maam. Infact i had some guests offered d cake 2 dem also had received praises for it.

myself n kids will b coming 2 India nxt month for vacation I will surely call u .i would like u 2 give d tel phone number aunty.

regards
    nimmi

7. lakshmit

lakshmit Bronze IL'ite

Dear chitramma,
    My hearty wishes to newly married couples.. I was wondering for a moment why didn't i receive an immediate reply from "C". After reading other IL's mesg came to know that u went on a vacation...
    Chitramma, I read ur other jamun recipe (milk powere) where u have asked to add, butter,plus water. I prepared jamun using fine rawa and in that u've not mentioned about adding butter or water.. After preparing this way only i started searching thoroughly where u've mentioned to omit rawa and to add butter andwater.. As i followed the other recipe of adding fine rawa, no oil and water. I simply used curd alone for balls.. I hope that should be the reason. Let me try the other method and will give u a feed back..

love..
    lakshmi..

8. latharam09

latharam09 Platinum IL'ite

Dear chithu,

because of my sys problem and continuous power failure and voltage problems, i am not able to give regular fbs. but i am regularly cooking your recipes only.

on a toughest day, i suddenly prepared tamarind rice with tam paste tempered with usual ingredients and also added your curryma podi.

after tasting it, my dd said it was like "kovila kudukara puliyodarai madhiri iruku". as she doesnt know to mention it as iyengar puliyodarai, she said like this.

yes, chithu, it was typically iyengar puliyodarai with a jiffy method.

thank u.

latha

9. Poova

Poova New IL'ite

Hi Latha,
    Thanks for your kind advice. The measurement which i have been using is: Idli rice - 2 cups, urad dal - 3/4 cup, fenugreek seeds - 1/2sp, cooked rice - 1handful & salt
    Earlier my maavu(batter) used to ferment well & i used to get very soft idlis. But for past few days im not getting soft idlis. The idlis are stone hard. The maavu is not fermenting at all even after keeping the maavu in oven for 24hrs. I also tried grinding the maavu with lukewarm water, but no use. I dont know the reason why its not fermenting? Waiting for your replies. Please help me.

10. shyamalashiva

shyamalashiva Senior IL'ite

Dear Chitra Mam,

Please convey Shiva's, Suraabi's and my wishes to your Granddaughter and her Husband for a Happy Married Life. Suraabi has got measles( inspite of her vaccinations) and has been having high fever and loose stools and vomitting. She was diagnosed as such on Wednesday, but still the fever had not subsided.
    So no thalitham cooking in the house. I too had cold and fever, so only mummy is cooking right now.
    Tomorrow is our wedding anniversary but we are in no mood to celebrate. But looking forward for your blessings. If Suraabi is little bit well tomorrow, I plan to make MW Golden Burfi.

Love
    Shyamala

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.