Chitvish Recipes - Post your comments here (part 2)

Discussion in 'Ask ChitVish' started by Chitvish, Oct 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Thanks, PS. The menu was completely Ruby's ideas!!
    Any milaku kuzambu - P usili is a tasty combo! :tongue
    So, all green delights?? Contrast is the pink juice for the day, perhaps! :biggrin2:
    Love,
    Chithra.

2. Ami

Ami Silver IL'ite

Very welcome back, Mrs.Chithra,

Saw the menus and it was so so tempting just to note down. Had saved as we could use a few of them for our parties, isnt it??

Believe me, I was there mentally during the last 2/3 days.

Thanks for sharing and bye..

3. gvi

gvi Senior IL'ite

Dear Mrs.Chitra

Glad to see you back. I posted feedbacks for repeats but I guess its buried deep down in these pages now.

Pls.Convey my heartiest congratulations to Thanu and Ajith. I was thinking about you and the festivities on 10th and 11th. It was very nice of you to noted down the menu and type it for us all. You are soooooooooooo sweet.

Sangeet is a great idea instead of mappillai azhapu.

Pls.post other interesting details of the wedding as well when you get a chance

I will come back with more fbs soon.

Thanks
    Geetha

4. Chitra Anand

Chitra Anand Bronze IL'ite

Welcome back NS! we msised you here.Thanks a lot for posting the menu in details.Appreciate it:bowdown.How did you manage to remember all the items.The menu is too good.I am sitting in the office and reading it.Am feeling very hungry after reading the menu list :rotfl..gosh it is too much to just read it and not have the actual feast :biglaugh

Do post more details about the wedding.Very eager to hear abt it and also see the pics :hide:,but please take yr time no hurry.
    Thanks once again for posting the wedding menu.

5. pixelarch

pixelarch Senior IL'ite

Dear Chitra amma :)

Made Veg Kurma with your Instant Kurma Mix. I did not add khus khus. Since i had onion, potato, capsicum and tomato, it thickened at the end.
    Ate with rice and roti. Dh had with wheat bread, like a sandwich.

Also made your Macaroni Capsicum Potato salad. I didnt have celery but added abt 2 tbsps of steamed corn, carrots and peas. I didnt have vinegar so i went with salt and pepper, lime juice and extra virgin olive oil and garlic flavoured olive oil.

DH liked it so much that he said it Rocks :thumbsup. Hence its going to be a repeat today. I will add walnuts which i forgot to add yesterday.
    Can i steam the capsicum & add spinach instead of celery?

I was also going through some of your Raw food recipes. They are very inspiring and i want to try to incorporate such dishes as part of our meal.

The menu list is so YUMM ! My observation is the menu is a little different in chennai than in mumbai... or it is purely seasonal due to seasonal veggies. All the dishes are so nice. Completely balanced. Am sure its all your guidance in menu planning. Right now i feel like having bonda morkuzambu.

Thankyou so much amma, for sharing and everything here
    Love
    -Priya

6. Chitvish

Thanks, Rama. Yes, I posted it as XL file so that you can save it & use it for combo ideas.:)
    Love,
    Chithra.

7. Chitvish

Dear Geetha,
    Yes, in the melee of FBs, I replied yesterday, it is inevitable that I missed out a Fb or 2. You have no choice but to forgive me!
    Now, (only) on your asking, all the details:

You will be amazed to know how our lives have changed over the years, with the younger generation becoming more & more techno savvy & putting it to the best use for such occasions.
    As soon as the wedding was finalised, Ruby started preparing Excel sheets for every small detail. Can’t help saying, she is a GREAT planner.
    Now thematic weddings are the "in-thing". Since Thanu's formal name is JayaMeenakshi, Ruby selected Meenakshi & KiLi (parrot aassociated with Goddess Meenakshi) as her main theme. We sent e-invite with an audio-video attachment to outstation friends & relatives.The audio-video attachment was Ruby’s idea & everybody loved it since it gives a personal touch.The printed invitation represents the theme very elegantly. I am attaching below.(Friends, I am not able to attach the audio-video attachment of the e-invite! :-()

10Th morning was Vratham followed by Nischayathambulam. 10th evening was Sangeet, completely organised by Manas for all her & Thanu's friends. She had printed her card separately & it wass only for invitees! There was a lot of dance & music - they had been practising for so many sundays.
    That is a NI influence in our weddings, but the youngsters just let themselves go.
    That night was a Chaat party.

Next morning was muhurtham. For that we had invited mainly relatives & few close friends only.
    That evening we had invited a major crowd. All Sridhar’s company employees, Thanu’s & Manas’s colleagues besides a long list of friends! Sridhar is working for a MNC, International Flavours & Fragrances, based in the US. Since he is the Chief of the Asian countries, all his counterparts from all countries had come, as well as his “super-boss”..
    From Jan, Ruby started shopping for gifts & purchases. She had to buy starting from servants upto Sridhar’s bosses who are coming. A wide range, but still fitting in the budget!
    The entire wedding plans, every minute detail had been computerized so that nothing will be missed out. She had that pen drive with her when she moved around. She had charted out her daily P O A & stuck to that very faithfully. The mobiles being so advanced, she referred to that & with bluetooth, everything was in fingertips.
    We were all given print-outs about what our portfolio was, what time we had to be present at the house or mandapam etc.
    As per our community customs, “bakshanams” are done & but she & Ajit’s mother decided that they can be done away with.
    Since Ruby wanted to give some token sweets when inviting people ( she & S went & invited about 100 houses in person!), she ordered for small boxes of saffron-almond chikkis from Pune & salted cashew packs from Delhi. She got special hand-made cane boxes made by self-employed women’s group ( she is deeply involved in social service) to pack & give them..
    The caterers were asked to follow her special menus and not the routine.
    The stage decorations, flowers … etc all fall under her theme.

Friends, can’t help sharing, my little girl has become so indepenedant & carried the entire responsibility on her shoulders with meticulous planning. I helped out with advice & suggestions if & only when asked. If I have brought her up rightly, I must have the confidence in her work and I also do not believe in poking my nose in every small thing.<!--INFOLINKS_STOP-->
    I hardly went to her house which wass brimming with activity. Whenever I made goodies, snacks etc, I sent them across to feed the “hungry crowd”! Ruby said, it vanished in no time.
    Friends, I know I have written more than you asked for! But its' a pity I am not able to attach the audio-video invite which was very novel!
    Love,
    Chithra.
    Invitefrontzip.jpg

Invite(s).JPG

Sangeet.jpg

Last edited: Jun 13, 2009
  8. Chitvish

Dear Chitra, I have obliged you - see my previous post! :)

Who has memory? (How did you manage to remember all the items). Only the computer has memory! :biggrin2:
    Love,
    Chithra.

9. Chitvish

Dear P, Khuskhus is "generally" a must for kurma!!
    So long as the "substitutes" taste good, it is fine.
    Do not steam capsicum for salads - drop in boiling water & swittch off. Remove after a few mtes & chop. Spinach on steaming will leave water & nomore be crisp.
    Nomore seasonal veggies concept in Chennai. All vegs are available right threough the year, but the costs may be prohibitive!
    Love,
    Chithra.
    I really wonder if I am sharing too much here??:-(

10. vaidehi

vaidehi Silver IL'ite

Dear Chitra Mam,

Congrats on Thanus Wedding ! Have been reading the minute details of the Menu , i was really drooling. Its a dream for all who are away from India.... t attend a wedding and Gorge on those Yummy Food.:)
    Ur Description on wedding & arrangements was too good, Ruby with a such a strong backup(of urs) was bound to shine.

Meanwhile i made Tamrind Paste, Its such a Handy tool and Sambhar making is a child play. Though we get ready made tamrind paste .... but this one sans preservative gives a homely taste.

For lunch Today made Jain Methi Tomato Pulav, ...... it was very Aromatic and flavourful. I skipped on peanuts ..... but was absolute divine. I added a dash of ghee for my son and myslef was drooling over the aroma.

Dinner it was Maligai / Jasmine idli with Fried gram chutney and sambhar.... i "Wooh and Waah" everytime i make this receipe . And everytime i keep thanking you from the bottom of my heart for this wonderful Dish. Which was a dream for us earlier.

Thanks

love
    vaidehi

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.