Chitvish Recipes - Post your comments here (part 2)

Discussion in 'Ask ChitVish' started by Chitvish, Oct 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gayathrikartik

gayathrikartik Senior IL'ite

Thankyou so much!

Hello Mrs. C

Sorry, couldn't reply to you soon. My internet was all messed up and was also busy with nombu. Nallabadiya nombbu aachu.

It got stuck to the previous layer and also to tell you i didn't put sugar inbetween layers too. I saw some ghee on the top and thought it would act as the glue. But believe me until i cut it manasukkula oru bayam.

But fortunately it got stuck to each other.

Love
    GK

2. gayathrikartik

gayathrikartik Senior IL'ite

Hello damini!

As said earlier couldn't reply soon.

You have to make one batch first pour it in the sheet and before it is too late had to make the second batch.

I fried maida earlier and the ghee was ready too. And also both the batches had to be of the same consistency and padam.

Thanks to Mrs. C encouragement I got it right.

Bye

3. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Peas Dhoklas have come to stay in IL, thankyou, God!!!
    Now some tips:
    Those who have access can get dhokla plates ( a set in a stand like idli plates). They have to be greased well & put in steamer (with just 1 cup of water). Once your batter is ready, QUICKLY remove the stand, add fruit salt, spoon into dhokla plates, put back in steamer., All these have to be done in a swift motion!
    For steamimg, please do not keep the weight. STEAM JUST LIKE IDLIS. Never for more than 10 mts - 5 mts on H & 5 on Lo. Test with a skewer before removing.
    I usually cool in a big plate of water & then temper & cut.
    I plan to post more dhokla vaities & I want you all to be thorough with basics!
    Now, don't ask me if I am a Guju - I had a very close guju friend who taught me all the nuances!
    Love,
    Chithra.

4. Shreya

Shreya New IL'ite

Dear Mrs.C.V.

With your SbyS help made nombu adai from scratch. The result soft and perfect adai. Namashkaram pannikeren. Even though you have to make the same adai on saturday, you did that before hand just for our friends and posted the photos promptly. I can not thank you enough for all the affection you have for IL friends. I'm so happy that I'm interacting with such a beautiful women in this world. I was thinking about you all day and was thanking you from the bottom of my heart. Every time when we do any pandigai samayal we will all have a fear weather it will turn out good or not. But now you have developed so much confidence in all of us. Thank you,Thank you.Thank you :bowdown:bowdown:bowdown:bowdown:bowdown:bowdown.

Love
    Meena

5. nehajagadeesh

nehajagadeesh Senior IL'ite

Dear Chitra mam,

i tried pavbhaji and mango thokku . it was very tasty and the photos are here. i'm very poor at the presentation.

DSC03084.jpg

DSC03089.jpg

:cheers

6. Traveller

Traveller Gold IL'ite

Chithramma,

Thank you so much for the dhokla guide:) I'll tell my SIL to get the steamer from Mumbai:thumbsup. When I made peas dhokla y'day i checked with skewer after 10 minutes and it wasn't cooked so i cooked another 10 minutes of medium. But next time i'll try only 10 minutes, in PP:) awaiting corn season here to try your other dhokla... oh i can't believe i'm making good dhoklas... i was telling DH that we can skip eating out at Mansuk because i anyway make dhoklas at home:biggrin2:

Latha

7. latharam09

latharam09 Platinum IL'ite

Re:todays menu

halo ma,

for today's breakfast, i prepared mysore masal dosai with red chutney, potato masal, and coconut chutney.

for lunch : milagu kuzhambu, parupu thuvayal, mysore rasam

came out really well, and got appreciation from my daughter and dh.

:thankyou2:

i have so many cookery books, with me. but no books inspired me like yr recipe. when i read itself, i feel like trying it. you made us to cook. to be honest, i was uninterested in cooking. but as my daughter grows , i want to give her nutritious food. thats why, i was collecting so many recipes. you have induced us to cook.

8. latharam09

latharam09 Platinum IL'ite

eventhough i am late to this site, now only read yr pongal vazhthu in vf, (manjal theethumbodhu amma solva). apadiye silirthu pochu, kanla jalam vara padichen.
    :bowdown
    latha

9. rajiravi

rajiravi Bronze IL'ite

Dear Chitramma,

Even though i am very late to this site, i think it is "better late than never". Today only i visited you Forum, :wowWhat a great site!
    I don't know how did i miss this. Anyway, from today, i will be the regular visitor to this site.
    To start with, i thought i should try out the various salad varieties given by you.
    Since my DH has only salads for his lunch, it thought i should try this first.

Regards,

Raji

10. kateangeline

kateangeline Senior IL'ite

Dear Chitvish,

Your lovely sweets made with love & care for your grand-daughter's engagement are so picture perfect & awesome. Convey our congratulations to Thanu. She is so blessed to have you as her grand mother like us.

I made mushroom stirfry rice for lunch yesterday & it was one of the easiest & tastiest rices. It was done in a jiffy & was very tasty.

Thank you very much for the lovely recipes.

Love & Regards,
    Kate.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.