Chitvish Recipes - Post your comments here (part 2)

Discussion in 'Ask ChitVish' started by Chitvish, Oct 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Prem.S

Prem.S Silver IL'ite

Dearest Chitrama,
    Here i am with my fb for Peas dokhla. The Dokhlas were amazing and a super hit :banana:banana
    I steamed them in my small idli cooker (which can make exactly 8idlis) kept it for exactly 20minutes and it was super fluffy and soft. We(me & DH) literally hogged as soon as i transferred it into the plate. My DH asked for more after having them. So again prepared the second set of dhoklas, this time the plain ones and kept in the PP for the same 20minutes with the whistle but the dhokhlas turned bit harder this time. Should we steam with the whistle or without the whistle??
    My DH asked me to prepare the Peas dhokhlas again for next weekend also :yes::2thumbsup:

Cant thankyou enough for all that you are doing Chitrama :)

Luv,
    PS

Last edited: Mar 14, 2009
  2. Pragadha

Pragadha Senior IL'ite

Dear chithramma,

Today nonmbu adais were pramadham. It is the first time in my life i have done adai in 2 years of married life last year i celeberated with my mil so no chance of doing. When i said i am going to do everyone said take care not to alandhufy adai. It came out verywell without alandhufying. One of my kerala friend ate it and told very tasty. My hubby as usual gobbled it.

As u said i bought preethi blue leaf with juice extractor. I am very happy that i have a person to guide me for the right choice.thankyou madam.

3. Ami

Ami Silver IL'ite

Nombu aacha??

Hi Mrs.C,

so, nombu ellam aacha?? We too had a nice nombu with adais frm yr step by step recipes. Lots of FBs for nombu adai, and here I am with the same FB. Both of them came out well. Thanks for taking too many efforts, really mean a lot to all of us.

Curious to know, do you always add grated coconut to adai, not pallu thengai??

Forgot to tell that I used MWing method to break The hardest vellam. worked out like a charm!!

Bye.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2009
  4. Hamsadhwani

Hamsadhwani Senior IL'ite

Mrs. C,

Happy Nombu to you. I followed your step by step recipes and made sure the rice flour was roasted the right way. A picture is worth a thousand words, that is so true.

My adai came out very well which is a very good Lakshanam according to me.
    My adais have never come out so well before.

thanks again.
    Another feed back i wanted to give you. You had mentioned that chappatis come out soft if we use Maida flour to dip the balls in for rolling. i tried it out and am very impressed with the outcome. You must convey my thanks to your daughter as well. thank you.

5. richass

richass Bronze IL'ite

sure chitra mam..

6. Amywos

Amywos Bronze IL'ite

Dear Chithra Mam,

I made Nombu Adai today. First time doing nombu myself, and made adai myself. While speaking with mom yesterda, I told her I already knew how to do adai and mom was surprised :) then she said 'Oh Chithra Aunty recipe la kathintiya ?' :)

Your step by step pics helped very well.

But I could not get Karamani :( Made it simple.

Thanks for the recipe mam..

Love,
    Sowmya

Attached Files:

7. Traveller

Traveller Gold IL'ite

thank you so much for the compliments Chithramma. inikki naan samathu ponna seekaram ezhundhu, thalaikku kulichu, (almost) madiya adai pannen... adhuve oru periya adisayam... neenga pramadamnu sonnathu enakku oru periya boost:)

Latha

8. mom_of_2boys

mom_of_2boys Silver IL'ite

happy nombu

chitra mami
    sooda nombu adai fb. kalaki potten with your blessings :).. veetula flour illa, so traditional method la pannen .. pic attach panniruken .. you can even see the steam in the pic avvalo soooda pic idu

thx for the motivation
    happy nombu IL ites
    shyamals

Attached Files:

9. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Suddenly, veg medley seems to be on the way to popularity chart!!
    Do change the side dish for puri for a variety, Varloo!
    That sour malai burfi tasted like some bengali dish shows your sense of humour & I had a good laugh!!:rotfl
    Try to make atleast 2,3 variwties of idli for a change from the regular one.
    You deserve a break from tension as well, after A's exams are over!! :)
    Love,
    Chithra.

10. archukoratty

archukoratty Junior IL'ite

I am invited fro Thanu's wedding....

Dear Chitvish,

At last I made upma so that I will not miss Thanu's wedding....I got good FB from Aravindh and varloo.
    I am posting the photo of the Upma I made. Thankyou for the condition made by you in order to make me enter the kitchen but this time for for cooking, not for eating.

Regards,
    archukoratty.

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.