Chitvish Recipes - Post your comments here (part 2)

Discussion in 'Ask ChitVish' started by Chitvish, Oct 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sowminivibu

sowminivibu Silver IL'ite

Dear chiths

This weekend tried making Bajji,as you hav posted it step by step which was very useful...Also tried the rava kesari your way and it didnt form any lumps at all....The bajjis were instant hit and it was so tasty that we cudnt stop eating it..Pls see the snap of both the dishes at VF thread..

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/miscellaneous-recipes/36317-virtual-feast-50.html#post577701

I tried the sprouted methi sambar after seeing the step by step photos only...

lov
    sowmi

2. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sowmi,
    Since the combo is bajji-sojji, I wonder if it was "malarum ninaivukal" of the day Vibu came to see you??!! :biggrin2:
    Both yours & Ps's bajjis look absolutely fluffy & good!!
    Love,
    Chithra.

3. Chitvish

We avoid buying Pom for fear of the trouble of desseding which we think io time-consuming!!
    Thanks, Kripa.
    Love,
    Chithra.

4. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Dear Chithra,
    made carrot methi sabji today for lunch, liked it. I should go thro the recipes in detail and select such recipes, they are apt for my diet too, in addition to being tasty and easy to make. Am planning to make methi parata also, have sauted the methi and preserved.

5. Chitvish

Good Varloo. Try alu-methi. That is also a good dish.
    Sauted methi can be preserved & used for parathas.
    Love,
    Chithra.

6. Pragadha

Pragadha Senior IL'ite

Dear chitramma,

Today i prepared tamarind paste. It is easy to prepare. The thing which i like in preparing is all the vessels used to prepare became palich palich. Is it enough to keep it in fridge. Should we use it only for 2 months. How we can know it get spoiled?

7. Chitvish

Make 1/2 kg tamarind at a time. It will last for a month or a little more. It does not get spoilt that easily, Pragadha.
    Love,
    Chithra.

8. sidvidu

sidvidu Silver IL'ite

Hello Chitramam,
    I have been browsing and trying ur recipes for quite a while and this is my first feedback and the one which made me write this feedback is your caramel payasam. I shd say its really delicious and very easy to prepare.
    Thanks a lot for ur helpful tips, yet to try out lot of recipes and I'll start writing fb now onwards.
    vidu

9. nithya1607

nithya1607 Senior IL'ite

Hello Mami,
    Made Tomato cheese pulao for dinner. Very mild flavor and great taste because of the cheese. I could not have much because it was too bland for my liking, but Chander and Teju loved it! What side dish will go well with this? I just served it with chips as you had not mentioned any dish.

Cheers,
    Nithya

10. Traveller

Traveller Gold IL'ite

Chithramma,

Same pinch... I too thought on similar lines as soon when I saw Sowmi's FB in pictures. pen paarkum anniversaryonnu ninaichen...

Today i was so lazy so was looking for something jiffy with sprouts. Lapsi-sprouts upma romba tasty. Made kadalai paruppu chutney (Pav_3 Pavi's recipe in VF). chithramma really your tip to roast rava, godumai ravai well has made me an expert with uppumas (well, almost). annaikku kichdiyum seri inikki lapsi uppumavum seri correct texture. DH had a long day, just had dinner and said 'appa ippadhan uyire vandudhu':)

Latha

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.