Chitvish Recipes - Post your comments here (part 2)

Discussion in 'Ask ChitVish' started by Chitvish, Oct 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Thankyou, Rama. It is only practice from 1967!!
    Love,
    Chithra.

2. Traveller

Traveller Gold IL'ite

Carrot-cheese paratha

Chithramma,

Today for lunch made this supero super paratha. I had grated cheese to finish and this was the perfect abadbandhavan. Kutty didn't believe it had carrots so happily ate the 'chapaya'. Thotukka was fruit raitha... it's really a nice combo.

Latha

3. Traveller

Traveller Gold IL'ite

Chithramma,

You are really Annapoorni in human form:bowdown. I just saw the treacle recipe.. how many recipes call for it and i have wondered where to buy and how it looks. Thank you soo much:)

Latha

4. shubhavasudevan

shubhavasudevan Senior IL'ite

Dear Chitra

A few f.bs. A belated thanks for posting the spoon halwa on my request.Yesterday was the earliest I could try it. It was very tasty. But I think I made a few mistakes. The slight smell of rawa was there and I was nto able to cut them into pieces like your picture. May be I should have fried it little more. A very tasty and tempting sweet.

I tried the MW. Pudhina thokku with coriander. We don't get mint so tried the other. It came our very well. I tried small qty it is a bit spicy but tasty. I making more today. It is so good with curd rice.

Also tried carrot cheese parotta. A very simple yet wonderful paratta. I tried a few without cheese. Just made chapathis and it tasted excellent. So many ways to include vegetables.

Yesterday for lunch it was panner butter masala, jeera rice and MMK. A great combo and satisfying one too.

I saw the eggless cake receipe will try it soon. Plum cake looks tempting too. Just in time for X-Mas.

thanks chitra for all your wonderful efforts.

With Best Regards
    shubha

5. Oviya

Oviya Silver IL'ite

Chithumma, My Dear Adharsha Mangai,

Kollu Dosai-kku maavu ready. I did pressure cook the raw rice and found the taste and the texture have changed. So, hopefully, waiting for it to ferment. Will give the FB.

I get boiled rice here. But, don't want to have so many varieties of rice which are in bulk.

I tried a recent hit(sometime back) and the result was excellent. Will upload the photo soon. Clue - can be stored. Keep guessing :).

Love you, Chithumma...

Last edited: Dec 8, 2008
  6. Chitvish

Re: Carrot-cheese paratha

Carrot-cheese, beetroot-paneer were all my inventions more for children to have a nuitritious dish! They need a simple raitha or dhal to complement & the work is also simple, Latha!!
    Thanks.
    Love,
    Chithra.

7. Chitra Anand

Chitra Anand Bronze IL'ite

Dear NS,
    Made Jain kurma today.very tasty.I had made it 4 months back and today is my 2nd attempt.I love Jain dishes,coz I am not very fond of Onion and garlic.simple and tasty.
    Thanks for the recipe NS.:bowdown

8. Chitvish

Oh, Latha! The highest divine compliment for a mere mortal!!
    Treacle used to be available years back, but nomore. I feel it is a must for plum cake.
    Next I want to post praline! But the problem is, I need someone to take a photo when I am making them. Have to wait for one of my GDs for that!!
    Love,
    Chithra.

9. Ami

Ami Silver IL'ite

A Light soup.

Hi Mrs.C,

Atlast, made the lauki soup..was my long desire...very different from the other soups..did not feel like that had some drink...roasted onion gave a nice flavor..want to try with capsicum next time.

Thank you so much.

Bye.

10. Chitvish

Dear Shubha,
    Spoon halwa need not be made intopoieces - I did it more for posting. Pieces will do no justice to its very name!!
    Thanks for all the FBs.
    Plum cake is with eggs. I have already posted eggless fruit cakes - refer to them also!
    Love,
    Chithra.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.