Chitvish Recipes - Post your comments here (part 2)

Discussion in 'Ask ChitVish' started by Chitvish, Oct 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sakshi

Sakshi Senior IL'ite

Dear Chitra Maami,

I apologize for this late feedback after the Thanksgiving feast. Have been tending to a sick child. Like I had mentioned before, made Mughlai Biryani, again. Anyway, I cooked the rice in a little coconut milk to add to the richness of the dish and tone down the "heat" for my American friends. Also added some dry fruits, chopped Pineapple, some cherries and nuts to make it truly decadent dish. That dish did justice to its name. Truly a "Royal" dish. Needless to say, I felt like the Belle of the Ball all night<?xml:namespace prefix = v ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" /><v:shapetype id=_x0000_t75 stroked="f" filled="f" path="m@4@5l@4@11@9@11@9@5xe" o:preferrelative="t" o:spt="75" coordsize="21600,21600"> :queen. <v:stroke joinstyle="miter"></v:stroke><v:formulas><v:f eqn="if lineDrawn pixelLineWidth 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @0 1 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum 0 0 @1"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @2 1 2"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelWidth"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelHeight"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @0 0 1"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @6 1 2"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelWidth"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @8 21600 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelHeight"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @10 21600 0"></v:f></v:formulas><v:path o:connecttype="rect" gradientshapeok="t" o:extrusionok="f"></v:path><o:lock aspectratio="t" v:ext="edit"></o:lock></v:shapetype>Semma hit Maami!!! Made Boondi-Pomegranate raita to go with it. A lot of people personally stopped by to say that it was Finger-licking good. :). I kept thinking, Chitra Maami ki Jai. :bowdown.

This weekend menu will include Spoon Halwa, Morekuzhambu Vadai (If, I remember correctly, I saw it on Thanu's spread), Mint thokku. I was almost drooling after seeing pics of Spoon Halwa. It looks so good. Can't wait to try it.

I agree with Deepa, the khus khus payasam with cashews came out awesome. My daughter's verdict.."Yummy, Mummy" :thumbsup or should it be "Yummy Maami"

I will be back with more feedback Mami.

Love,
    Sakshi.

2. Prem.S

Prem.S Silver IL'ite

Hi Chitrama,

Made Mukkala Pappu today for lunch, it tasted very nice. Also made Cream of Mushroom soup for dinner as it is getting cold here. The soup tasted very rich and yummy :)
    Planning to try soup varieties from now on.

Thanks for the wonderful recipes.
    Premsudha

3. Prethi vasu

Prethi vasu Senior IL'ite

Dear Mrs C
    I tried spoon halwa today . Romba sooper.I soaked the rava for only half hour(will it make any difference in the taste and quality?)as I was in a hurry to take this to my friends place.Your picture is really tempting. Halwa thirandu varuvathai paartha vudane try pannanum pola irukku.
    One question. For the pieces, should we cook the halwa for some more time??
    Thanks for such an easy and fast halwa .Next time I should try putting pieces.
    Anbudan
    prethi

4. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sudha,
    I think we all love the very name "kadambam".It gives us the image of a flavourful mixture! No wonder you liked it.
    Do go through the recipe of masala pori I have given in tiffins long back.
    Thanks for both FBs, Sudha!
    Love,
    Chithra.

5. Chitvish

Dear Sakshi aka La Belle,
    Is there a writer (ezuthaLi!) hiding in you??
    You are truly imaginative - you have already borrowed my "kashmiri pulao" ideas - I am yet to post it; waiting to take step by step photos!!
    Yes, Thanu tried MKvadai - if you have a food processor, use it for vadai dough - you will get it perfect.
    Is the name spoon halwa, being unique, attracting you all, I wonder??
    Thanks for the unexpected bonus of a second consecutive FB on
    the khus khus payasam with cashews !! I can't believe it!
    <CENTER>[​IMG]</CENTER>Love,
    Chithra.

6. Chitvish

Dear PS,
    Mukkala Pappu seems to be a "wonder-dish" !!
    Of all my mushroom dishes, soup & Biryani get my vote!!
    Love,
    Chithra.

7. Chitvish

AnbulLa Prethi,
    Soaking time is no criterion. I just gave a time to make sure it becomes soft!!
    Yes, a few more mts & it will set well to be cut into pieces!!
    Now wait for the release of Rava puttu!![​IMG]
    Thanks, Prethi.
    Love,
    Chithra.

8. Ami

Ami Silver IL'ite

Triple "S"

Hi hi HI Mrs.Chithra,

Sagu + Sevai + Spoon halwa comes a Deluxe Dinner!! Do you agree with me?

Sagu-cant believe though added minimum amount of coconut(pls apologize me) gave a great taste as the dish became little shortage for us(Deepa suggested me, btw.)

Sevai-a repeat, but preparation has become a piece of cake which should be underlined.

Spoon halwa-pls pls change the name as cup halwa for people's happiness sake. Such a taste & easy to make; added just saffron and so, it was deep brown in color or IRUTTUKADAI HALWA color!!!

Have a fine day.

Rgds.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2008
  9. Chitvish

Re: Triple "S"

Dear Ami,
    Such drooling FB
    <CENTER>[​IMG] <CENTER>[​IMG]</CENTER></CENTER>for Triple S!!!
    For spoon (now changed to cup!) halwa FBs, I am
    [​IMG]
    jumping with joy (heavy weight? - no problem!).

Amma says many people pass this off as Godumai Halwa - may be they follow your trick too!
    Love,
    Chithra.

10. Chitvish

Dear Friends,
    When you are all enjoying Moghlai Biryani,
    please have mercy :-( and try
    Kashmiri Pulao-Ice cream Raita

It is rich & exotic!! The best looking photo will be attached to the recipe. That was posted in my pre-photographing days!!
    Love,
    Chithra.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.