Chitvish Recipes - Post your comments here (part 1)

Discussion in 'Ask ChitVish' started by Ami, Aug 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ami

Ami Silver IL'ite

Tried loads of goodies!!

Hi Mrs.Chithra,

Rava idly-simple/easy, but tasty

carrot poricha kuzhambu-Healthy & delicious

moong poha-indeed, an ideal b.fast; can substitute poha with idly pieces or bread too which is my opinion.

Palakkad adai-crispy and competitive to the first adai!!

One whistle sambar-whoever wishes for a neat countertop kitchen, should go for it!!

Overall, I am thinking and thanking you all the time for making everyone happy with yr precious recipes.

Soon, will get back to you as there r more to try..

Take care, bye..

2. Kute Kiddo

Kute Kiddo New IL'ite

Feedback.

Dear Mrs.Chithra,

Tried your masal vadai recipe yesterday and as expected it came out very well. Tasted superb with tea. But it was little tough to eat, though the outside was very crisp but didn't notice the toughness when the vadais were hot . Is this how it will become once the vadais come to room temp.? I also made saag paneer and green chilly thokku which was equally enjoyed by us. That thokku is a knockout with curd rice !!
    No words can describe our meal-time satisfaction , or how thankful I am for your selfless contributions.
    I've kept ready a list of queries and recipes I've been searching for quite some time. More on that after your return, rest & relaxation,
    Regards,
    KK.

3. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Hello Lakshmi !

Dear Lakshmi,
    Thanks for your feed back !
    I do hope you are doing well - you have posted after a long interval !
    Regards,
    Chithra.

4. Chitvish

Hello Purnima !

Hello Purnima,
    Thanks for your feedback.
    Potato is a must for cutlets since only that gives the necessary binding texture.
    Beetroot is a must for the nice cutlet colour. Besides these you can select between cauliflower, carrots, peas etc.
    Regards,
    Chithra.

5. Chitvish

Hello Meena !

Dear Meena,
    Thanks for the kuruma feedback. I posted apple sauce, since you always ask for fruit recipes !
    So both of us are back after our short breaks !
    regards,
    Chithra.

6. Chitvish

Hello Ami !

Dear Ami,
    Very nice to receive your long list of feedbacks. The captions are very nice !
    Good to know that you all take the effort to try promptly & send back the feedbacks, equally promptly !
    Regards,
    Chithra.

7. Chitvish

Hello KK !

Dear KK,
    Thanks for your 2 feedbacks !
    I think, you have slightly overfried the masal vadai - hence the toughness when it becomes cold. Any crisp dish should "jump" from the frying pan to the dining table without delay & " polished" off as well, fast !
    You can post your requests - whatever recipes I know, I shall post ! But please remember, that I have limitations also !
    Regards,
    Chithra.

8. Rushna nigar

Rushna nigar New IL'ite

Thanks to chitvish ji

Dear chitvish ji,
    Welcome back, fresh& active enjoyed holidays happily with mother
    back to home with traditional recipes from mother. Iam fond of these recipes, thanks for replying my query about Rice Roti really u r expert i tried several time
    today i read the recipe & going to cook now with methi gajar sabzi & think about u
    This roti was very difficult for me to make but now it seems easy to cook when ever i desire.
    Thanks
    With love
    Rushna Nigar.

9. Kute Kiddo

Kute Kiddo New IL'ite

Feedback.

Dear MRs.Chithra,
    I appreciate you taking the time to write down so many many practical & useful hints about managing the kitchen. I'm very very eagerly going to follow it from tomorrow itself.... very nice of you . Thanks so much.

I made very very good basandhi today, using the proportion you written, with condensed milk. Even the bajjis I had made came out so beautifully crisp, I have no words only left to tell. Next time, when I make this combo, am going to call over some friends & show off.

With thanks,
    KK.

10. Lakshmivinoth

Lakshmivinoth Senior IL'ite

Hello Chithra

Its so kind of you to remember me so well. I didn't have time to access internet due to personal reasons. I am doing well and hope to hear the same from you. I hope you had a good time with your mom. I too miss my mom as she is in India and I am settled in Dubai. Hope to see her soon.

Regards

Lakshmi

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.