Chitvish Recipes - Post your comments here (part 1)

Discussion in 'Ask ChitVish' started by Ami, Aug 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Thanks for your message.

Hello Vinu,
    Thankyou very much. I do hope you do enjoy trying out my recipes as much as I enjoy posting them !
    Ningal nammude nattukaraano ?
    Regards,
    Chithra..

2. shubhavasudevan

shubhavasudevan Senior IL'ite

chitvish

dear chitra

I tried your red pumpkin eriseri and it came out well. I have doubt abt the walnut cookie. When I mixed the dough it was rather dry and could not make into a ball. So i added a little milk to bind it together. Whenit was baked the sweet was less. is it corect or did i make a mistake? Let me know.

There are so many receipes to try everyday and it makes cooking more interesting. Wishing you all the Best WIshes
    regards
    shubha.

3. Chitvish

Thanks for your mail.

Dear Shuba,
    Thanks for your good wishes.
    Walnut cokies are less sweet & that is why I had suggested sandwiching them with butter icing. Then it will be correct. There is no harm in adding little milk if thedough is "tight".
    Regards,
    Chithra.

4. Seetha3

Seetha3 Senior IL'ite

Chithra Almanac

Dear Chithraji:
    I tried inji thokku, arachu vitta sambar, puliya kuthiya uperi , rava idli (third time), set dosa and the results were good.

I used to have a tough time thinking what to cook but now with the Chithra Almanac around its getting tough to decide what to cook. I am forced to plan well in advance and buy veggies.

I am not def exaggerating but I cant thank you enough for teaching me that cooking is an art and with little imagination one can create wonders!

God bless you!!

Seetha

5. Chitvish

Thankyou for the mail.

Dear Seetha,
    Thankyou very much for the feedback. Enjoy cooking & you will create wonders !
    I think we should all thank Indusladies for connecting all of us in this forum, so enjoyably !
    Regards,
    Chithra.

6. Kute Kiddo

Kute Kiddo New IL'ite

Dear Mrs.Chithra,
    I tried out your recipes for Caramel Payasam & Pineapple Rasam -- both turned out simply great ! The rasam had excellent flavour, and the payasam has now become the firm favourite in my home. I hope other readers also try them out, it is sooo..yummy !
    My hubby usually eats in silence -- absolutely no comments, only if there is less salt or more chilly, he'll say. Otherwise, silence means food is good. But for these dishes, he actually asked where I got the recipe from and muttered an HMMM, Nalla irukku ! From his mouth, it is like pearls are dropping and I was totally thrilled ....

My deepest thanks to you for making even simple everyday cooking such a pleasure. Thanks for posting such accurate recipes,
    Have a lovely & memorable trip,
    KK.

7. Shal

Shal Senior IL'ite

Yummy yummy, simply yummy!

Dear Chitra mami,

I cannot express enough to let you know what a great expert cook you are, seriously I never exaggerate or flatter things, but honestly and sincerely, you are magnificent! I made vegetable kurma, bcz i love eating chappati kurma and miss my mom's kurma a lot, but this recipe beats hers hands down, and I just went on and on praising you and my husband got excited knowing abt ur great recipes. So to prove this more, I made bhindi sabzi tday and he rightaway said that I should go ahead make some more of your recipes...he went ga ga over the taste!

Thanks a zillion mami,

Shalini

8. Lakshmivinoth

Lakshmivinoth Senior IL'ite

Tried your simple tiffin sambar (By using pottukadle powder)

Hi Chithra

I tried your tiffin sambar recipe and it was easy to follow, simple and some thing very different. Everybody liked it. It was even easy to prepare.

Your Rava Idli Recipe was simply superb. Its turned out to be one of the hot favorites of my family members. I have forwarded the same recipe to my friends and colleagues. Everybody gave such a positive feedback about the same and I was all at praise!!

I am going to try the other sambar, chutney and tiffin verieties. Will definitely keep you posted about the same.

Regards

Lakshmi

9. purnima_2k

purnima_2k Senior IL'ite

Vegetable Cutlets!

Dear Chitra!

The veg cutlet recipie was simply delicious! So simple and easy to make. It was so tasty that even my one year old daughter ate one whole cutlet! :)

Thank you very much for the recipie. Could u suggest a replacement for potato in the recipie? Just for a change in flavour.

Love and Regards,
    Purnima , Mangalore

10. meenaprakash

meenaprakash Silver IL'ite

too good a kurma.........

Dear Chitra,

enjoyed the vegetable kurma this a.noon.
    posting the comments to say I'm back home and started checking ur mails.

love & regards,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.