Chitvish Recipes - Post your comments here (part 1)

Discussion in 'Ask ChitVish' started by Ami, Aug 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ami

Ami Silver IL'ite

experimented recipes.

Hi Mrs.Chithra,

Tried bisibelabath with veggies, peanut version, novel tiffin sambar for the second time, veggie kurma, rasa vada, rava laddu, maalaadu & onion mint rasam. Everyone was so different with their distinct flavors & taste. My greatest and sincere thanks for the same.

BTW, have a question in making bb bath-is there any way to maintain the texture and hot taste after 4 or 5 hrs or the next day? When it is hot, the taste seems to be very perfect, but the same one, when I tasted the next day, felt like the kaaram is missing. Do I have to add tamarind water or bb bath powder while using leftovers?

Earlier, we had some guests at our place and they said that the bb bath with peanut version is really tasty and she asked me whether I added extra ghee to the same!!! And, also, when idly with novel tiffin sambar was served, they literally and lavishly had sambar as a main course and idly as a side dish!!!!! Pls do accept my greatest regard just for sharing the most perfect tiffin sambar.

Rgds.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2005
  2. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Thankyou, Ami

Dear Ami,
    You made my day ! Nice to know, that you have tried so many dishes.
    Bisibela - except microwaving rather than conventional reheating, nothing can be done. Adding any ingredient a second time, can prove disastrous, sometimes !
    Thanking you again,
    Regards,
    Chithra.

3. meenaprakash

meenaprakash Silver IL'ite

pineapple payasam, something different & new

Dear Chitra,

This evening tried pineapple payasam, was so different and like u said it reminds of pinacolada.. must prepare the gojju tomorrow and with the remaining would like to try pineapple rasam again.

Managed to pick up vazhaipoo from nilgiris, I'm gonna try ur pitlai recipe again with this one.

Could u pls tell me the consistency of pitlais - is it slightly thicker than sambar??

thanx Chitra once again, twice again, thrice again.....................

4. Ami

Ami Silver IL'ite

uh-oh!!!

That is too bad to note down, Mrs.Chithra. Everytime, when I make bb bath, somehow, the qty is going in extra and that is the reason, asked you..

Anyways, thanks and take care..

Rgds.

5. Chitvish

Thanks for your mail.

Dear Meena,
    Thanks for the pa.payasam feedback.
    Pitlai is slightly thicker than sambar.
    Regards,
    Chithra.

6. Ami

Ami Silver IL'ite

3-in-1 day

Hi Mrs.Chithra,

Today, I finished preparing or tasting bindi masala, bread bean salad & damrot halwa!!!

First with bindi masala, the sesame seed & kuskus gives a nice flavor to the curry and thanks to that particular person who shared to you too.

And, with bread bean salad, it was really great. Due to shortage of bread, I could be able to use only few slices of bread; for rest, I used our normal roti cut into pieces and proceeded further. Anyways, it was simply great and we all incl. kids loved it.

Have a tiny doubt-do I have to put on layers of bread with the topping, bean and finally garnish with veggies and fruits? And also, as suggested, used heavy cream with sugar and it was very yummy.

With halwa, initially, did not find out spl. After it becomes cold, can realize how great the taste was. Before even I gave my little one her spoon, she started digging out with her little finger!!!!

Again a query-used the frozen koa which is available in shops here. Morning itself, I kept it outside and in the evening, grated and mixed with veggie and sugar. Still, at the end, found some dots here and there(koa's ). Looks like it is not dissolving fully, why? Is there any way not to appear koa on the sweet?

Thanks a bunch for showering with tasty & delicious recipes.

7. Chitvish

Ami, yours is super speed !

Dear Ami,
    Getting a feedback within 24 hrs of posting the recipe, is unbelievable ! "Thankyou very much" is the simple words, I can say !
    For the salad only one layer of bread should be used.. This is a "horizontally " arranged salad, not a " vertically " arranged one.
    For frozen khoa, I too once had the same problem. Nowadays, I use the electric handblender to blend vegs, khoa & sugar into a homogeneous mixture before cooking them together. As I wrote once, handblender has become one of my hands - I can't manage without it in the kitchen !
    Love & regards,
    Chithra.

8. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

super cashewmysorepa

Dear Mrs Chitra,

When I saw the recipe of cashew mysore pak last evening, I decided to make it immediately since it was my FIL's birthday and I had all ingredients. It came out very well and I could even cut clean pieces. We had a good dessert. Thank you for all your perfect recipes.

best regards
    Vidya

9. Chitvish

Good speed, Vidya !

Dear Vidya,
    It is unbelievable that I am getting feedbacks within 24 hours! This morning, it was from Ami & now it is from you . Are we having an enjoyable race between Posts & feedbacks ? !
    Thankyou very much.
    Love & regards,
    Chithra.

10. Ami

Ami Silver IL'ite

Thanks..

Thanks, Mrs.Chithra for the feedback and will also try with hand blender. It did not strike me at all!!!

Anyways, saw the recipe for carrot poricha kuzhambu and seems to be really great as there is not many recipes using carrot except some rice, curry or sambar. Cant wait to try this new version.

Rgds.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.