Chitvish Recipes - Post your comments here (part 1)

Discussion in 'Ask ChitVish' started by Ami, Aug 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. birraj

birraj Senior IL'ite

Hello Amma,
    This is Birundha. I think you remember me. Its been long time I have posted anything in this forum. ofcourse not visited here long time. I saw your gadgets electric and non electric, very useful.. with the demo. So nice of you to post your kitchen collections. As you know my house eveything is on dieting... No milk, yogurt, sugar, ghee, etc.. So hard for me to cook varieties now.. Still cooking something different everyday..

Just thought of saying hello here and letting you know that I am modifiying someof your receipes and cooking...

Love
    Birundha

2. sudhanarayanan

sudhanarayanan Senior IL'ite

Hi ChitVish,
    After all the navarthri food and sundals and payasams at all houses, made "Milagu Kuzhambu and Paruppu thogayal" the next day.. Amazing simple food which is a pleasure to consume. I have made milagu kuzhambu a few times before, but the combination with paruppu thogayal was really nice.. Mom used to make lovely paruppu thogayal, and it somehow got lost in translation (from me being only a consumer to a producer and consumer now :crazy...)! Thanks for reviving it and I shall make it more often from now on... :)

3. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

4. Chitra Anand

Chitra Anand Bronze IL'ite

Re: Mangalore rasam.

Sure,I will keep this in mind.Thanks NS :bowdown

5. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear Nithya,
    Both are sweet as well as first FBs. So, special thanks.
    Thank God for appa's presence of mind! :)
    I too loved apple icecream, since we never buy it!!
    Thanks.
    Love,
    Chithra.

6. Chitvish

Dear Birubdha,
    Do you think, I will forget you? No, not at all.
    Since you used to address me as Mom, in my S'pore trip an ILite asked me if you were my daughter Ruby! I said you are one of many daughter-like ILites to me!!
    Please relax - take care.
    Love,
    Chithra.

7. Chitvish

Dear Sudha,
    We usually say that after heavy feast, "ottikka" oru vathakuzambu is most welcome!!
    Nothing to equial simple, light food, I agree!
    Love,
    Chithra.

8. Traveller

Traveller Gold IL'ite

Hello Chithramma,

Today I made coconut rice not omitting any of your special ingredients. It tasted just like (or even better than) grand sweets thengai saadam given in dhonnai. I was telling amma about addition of sugar and she told me appa always adds that special touch. No wonder i was polambufying i never got his kai pakkuvam (btw appa cooks very well. his parupussili is to die for!). But i have told her to add raw coconut + coconut oil next time:thumbsup. With knool-khol koottu our lunch was simple yet superb.

I'm off to prepare your macaroni+tomato bake for kutty's lunch box. I plan to assemble everything and bake tomorrow morning. Also making now mango halwa... fbs will follow suit:)

Latha

9. anjana

anjana Bronze IL'ite

Dear Chitra,
    Belated Navrathri wishes to you.bonk I made the following sundals just like the last two years following your recipes.Peanut,channa,rajma,TMPS,sprouts sundal repeated them several times and my guests just fell for it. Made Atta kheer,caramel semiya payasam following your instructions and both were very delicious. Semiya payasam came out excellent with the addition of cornflour and colour was gorgeous.Also made patnam bakoda,manglore bonda when I had guests for Golu and they were all gone in a jiffy.Thanks for all your efforts in making this Navrathri a wonderful and memorable experience.

Apart from the above made peanut sag,sembu fry,MW rava upma. Sembu fry was enjoyed by all in our family.MW rava upma came out'uthir uthir' henceforth will follow this method.PS was very different and went well with rotis.Thanks once again Chitra.Take care will be back shortly.
    Love,

10. Chitvish

Dear Latha,
    These are what I call the nuances or tips, which add special touch to the dish. Many give the recipe, but refuse to share with us all these.
    In days of yore, when coconut-cholestrol was not made a big issue, Amma always used to make Coconut rice with aviyal or morkuzambu!
    Oh, those were the days!! :-(
    Love,
    Chithra.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.