Chitvish Recipes - Post your comments here (part 1)

Discussion in 'Ask ChitVish' started by Ami, Aug 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Dear Chithra,
    I missed out to say that I am waiting for your details about gadgets. Many of us buy products believing what the ad says and end up not using them at all. It is a waste of money and space.

2. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear Varloo,
    pattani paruppu is best for masal vadai - but not available everywhere, at all times! :-(
    What you write is Poosanikkai vadam. Mine is only with dhals. Ofcourse, living in a flat, I do not make them anymore.
    I am trying out a new proportion for thattai - will post it, if it good. I have vstarted kneading dough for savouries with FP!
    Love,
    Chithra.

3. nithya1607

nithya1607 Senior IL'ite

Hello Mami,
    Yday my hub was asking me to make Kanchipuram Idli, as he was sure that you would have anyway given the recipe. It seems he had it only once in his childhood and wanted it now!!! :crazy So I made it for breakfast today, and it was AWESOME!

Made Novel tiffin sambhar, my favorite among the hotel sambhars, and coconut chutney using gram dhal and red chillies. Each dish was awesome. First time I made this type of chutney, I normally use pottu kadalai only. We loved it. I liked it better than the pottu kadalai version, it was terrific. The idlis were super soft and very tasty coz of the pepper etc added. We stuffed ourselves so much that even now we feel like eating more but no place in the tummy :(

A plate of super soft idlis + sambhar + chutney, brought to a logical conclusion with a steaming hot cup of coffee, I am in heaven I should say! Special thanks to you from Chander, he said he is FLAT :D

For the gadgets section, if you have this Maharajah blender + mincer, please write about it. I bought one last year for Rs.800, and the mincer was doing such wonders that I nicknamed it "magic"! But all the magic lasted less than a week and it stopped working :( The guy at the shop said I overloaded it etc. It was so easy to make vegetable upma, veg idlis etc as it would mince in seconds. The blender still works fine and I use it for juices and thayir kadayaradhu. I am unable to find a replacement blade too for the mincer :( So you can also mention where you get these things serviced.

Cheers,
    Nithya

4. sowminivibu

sowminivibu Silver IL'ite

Dear chiths

Yday made Alu onion poha.....a very very tasty dish and so jiffy chiths..i think now you can see that i have started making it regularly..

aishu-It is a very tasty and jiffy dish and try it with red aval....

lov
    sowmi

5. Traveller

Traveller Gold IL'ite

Believe me I was up until 1 am last night and after just 5 hrs so many FBs:bowdown.

So I was going through your recipe collections, Chithramma and now thoroughly confused what to make special for naathanar:roll:. En plan padi paartha 5-6 payasame pannalam pola irukku. I'll do my research again today. But i'm not leaving the mushroom kuzhambu. DH doesn't like kaalan and this is the only chance to make him eat hee hee.

Tomato peeler? That's very interesting. I peel with normal peeler and it peels the pulp as wellbonk. Actually a punjabi friend of mine told that they grate tomatoes with skin and all when they want to use pulp in gravies. So when a bit firm yet ripe i follow this technique.

I'll remember to PM the tiramisu recipe this week-end.

I'm off to make rotis again today. Yesterday DH had only 3 left (i made my fav bahalabath with kozhainja saadam) and he was asking for more. Today special request for soft chapathi.

Latha

6. Traveller

Traveller Gold IL'ite

Hi Nands,

Which recipe you are referring to please? This page takes me to adhirasam etc., week-end laziness so no brain storming:)

Latha

PS: I'm thrilled when someone calls me 'Lats':thumbsup it somehow makes me feel younger

7. Chitvish

Dear Nithya,
    Kancheepuram idli is a super tiffin & half the dough can be frozen in freezer & taken out after 10-15 days, thawed overnight & used. It is more soft.
    I have Brawn mincer & blender for the past 3 yrs(2000Rs) & working well.I buy from shops like Vivek's who undertake servicing.I do not buy local brands now because the MN brands are available now.
    My goodness - I can't write where to service etc, Nithya!If it cost you 800Rs, I think, the quality must have been mediocre.Morphy richards is the best brand for that, failing the availability of Brawn ! Black & Decker, Nova if available are all good brands.
    Love,
    Chithra.

8. Chitvish

Dear Latha,
    Perhaps too many recipes are confusing you???
    Tomatopeeler is super & I formed a rose with the peeled skin!! Tomorrow is Malaya amavasai & I will start gadgets thread. You can buy special thin paring knife for tomato also.
    Love,
    Chithra.

9. Chitvish

Dear Sowmi,
    Thanks. Any poha tiffin is jiffy. Today I made pepper poha!
    Love,
    Chithra.

10. babyraji

babyraji Silver IL'ite

Dear mam

my list of fbs here.

tried ur recipe for kaju paneer with tomato paratha--both were just awesome.tomato paratha was a visual treat too with paneer.

today tried pav baji n followed ur receipe to the T,n it was a filling break fast n v were just smacking our fingers.:),it was just like wht i tasted in bombay n i know more nutritious too.n is worth to b tried by all.

then for afternoon was the turn of alu masala bath with a simple cucumber raita.i dont know how i missed this dish all these days.

i shld hunt for some new words to describe how satisfied v r in tasting all these dishes.thank u is a very small word (but cant help using it)

thanks n regards
    raji

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.