Chitvish Recipes - Post your comments here (part 1)

Discussion in 'Ask ChitVish' started by Ami, Aug 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Priye, sneha Priye,
    Even before IL, you got my mail-id from net & asked for RG recipe, I remember! That is why I brought them when I came to see you!!
    About round, I am not sure, but what I did was
    I used 3% milk that we get here
    Use a PP with a wider circumference - I have one. Since you may not have, try in 2 batches.
    I am not able to identify anyother reason.
    Love,
    Chithra.

2. Grace3

Grace3 Silver IL'ite

Dear Chithra Madam,

In your section on Gadgets, can you please include those that are a total disappointment too !!! That is , if you've bought any item & then realised it is useless & utter waste of money !
    I always seem to make the wrong purchase bonk whether it is seemingly basic item like knives, or lemon-squeezer to more expensive ones like electric toaster , veggie chopper, deep fryer etc.

So if you can include tips on what to look out for in making our choice & how to maintain and get good performance from our gadget , it would be useful.

Thanks.

3. Priya Amarnath

Priya Amarnath Bronze IL'ite

My dear Chithra,

Thank you very much for your immediate reply. I too remember you sending me the recipe for rasogullas through email about 3 years back. The rasagullas are very tasty and spongy. Refrigeration definetly makes it even more tastier. Next time when I make rasagulla, shall defly use 3% milk and make it in two batches since I don't have a wide mouthed pressure pan.

I have one more question, how long should I keep the paneer tied in the muslin cloth. Please do take your own time to reply back.

Thanks in advance.

Love and regards
    Priya

4. Chitvish

Dear Supriya,
    I have already made a note; but time & again, you prove to be a perfectionist!! All said & done, there is a little bit of "madurai" in you!! (don't mistake - I am just joking!0
    All details, I have still with me, I will provide. Even the model name, only if I have the carton, I can write.
    1, 3 - I can't commit
    2,4,5, 6 - sure!!
    But remember, I will have to do a lot of homework. Already I am taking photos of the simple utility items, I bought & tried. To my utter disbelief, tomato peeler is just perfect! No more scalding!!
    Love,
    Chithra.

5. Chitvish

Dear Radha,
    Offended? No, not at all!!
    Take your time, look after your health & try new recipes.
    Love,
    Chithra.

6. Chitvish

Dear Hema,
    Lightly dry roast 1/2-1 tsp of turmeric powder & powder with methi.
    Love,
    Chithra.

7. Chitvish

Oh Grace,
    With expectations soaring about my capacity, I am getting a wee bit scared as to how best I can justify the confidence you all have in me!!
    I am wondering how to start the thread! The order may not be as I want it to be - it might turn out to be a mixture of electronic & non-electronic! But I will give a good index for easy identification.
    Share your thoughts, like how you did.
    Love,
    Chithra.

8. Chitvish

Dear Priya,
    If I take my own time, this query will go 2 pages behind & I will lose track! :biggrin2:
    Keep it for 1/2 an hr.
    From S'pore I bought (on Raji's recommendation) a pack of 50 of muslin bags for this & tried y.day - very good. After that only, along with tomato peeler, I thought of a thread!!
    Love,
    Chithra.

9. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Dear Chithra,
    mde masal vadai with pattani paruppu and small onions. Came out quite well. I was so happy yesterday that I could make the special badam cake and also a very tasty masal vadai, thanks to you.
    I am planning to try the sweets and savouries one by one. I am going thro the recipes and tips too and getting myself familiar with 'to do and not to do' instructions. R loves thattai vey much. Amma used to make such divine thattais but with her deteriorating health, I stopped asking her long back. But when I see him craving for it, well, I do not have a heart to deny him the one snack he loves. So next I should try that.
    A neighbour made kuzhambu karuvadam for me this season, I only ground the batter for her. It was with urad dal, red chillies and the usual temperings and also ash gourd (grated). It is very tasty indeed and my stock is already ending- R wants it to be made on a weekly basis an gorges on it.
    Also another relative gave a recipe (also tasted the sample) with assorted dals, ash gourd etc.

10. Priya Amarnath

Priya Amarnath Bronze IL'ite

My dear Chithra,

Thank you for your immediate reply. Please do start a thread on kitchen items and gadgets useful in the Kitchen. I am sure it will be very useful for all of us like all your other threads. Tomato peeler sounds new to me, pl do include the photos of the items too. I just can't wait for your new thread.

Love and regards
    Priya

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.