Chitvish Recipes - Post your comments here (part 1)

Discussion in 'Ask ChitVish' started by Ami, Aug 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

2. aishu22

aishu22 Gold IL'ite

Dear Chithu,
    I made oats dosai with onions for breakfast.It was tasty, healthy and delicious.Thanks a ton!

I see everyone is raving about MW alu poha...how to do it on stove top? Also, the climate being little colder during nights for the past week, my curds are taking more time to become eatable. Any special way to adjust them to the cold climate? I'm following yout tips on curds from day one.

3. Ami

Ami Silver IL'ite

TheVAI SeVAI!!

Hi Mrs.C,

We or my daughter has started looooving any kind of sevai nowadays.

For previous night, introduced your kothamalli sadham recipe to sevai; hmmm..delicious for a windy weather accompanied with garden fresh cucumber avial and sutta appalam.

A week back, forgot to tell, made MW alu onion poha without alu. The taste amd the color was 2 good with brown poha; but, the qty was not at all sufficient like our white poha. Is that how it will be? Last time when made, added extra water and became like paste. This time, yr suggestion saved me and poha.

Thanks a bunch.

Rama.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2008
  4. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Dear Chithra,
    made Badam Cake, half recipe as usual. Came out very well, R said it tastes good. I too tasted and liked it immensely. The problem is that I find it difficult to stop eating it. So tasty!
    I have a small doubt- my sister makes badam cake in mysore pak consistance (that is firm but soft to eat). The colour is also slightly darker. Your recipe is softer and just melts in mouth. What is the difference?

5. Chitvish

Dear Aishu,
    I have given Alu poha-stove top in tiffins long back.
    Just warm the milk a little more & keep inside a cupboard.
    Love,
    Chithra.

6. Chitvish

Re: TheVAI SeVAI!!

Dear Rama,
    Specially for Ami, I will post Tomato Sevai!!
    The quantity of water for poha depends only on the quality & not the colour. Add first less & then sprinkle more, if necessary.
    Love,
    Chithra.

7. Chitvish

Dear Varloo,
    There are many recipes for badham cake. I find this fool proof & hence make it by this method only!!
    I really cannot say!
    Love,
    Chithra.

8. Mathu

Mathu Senior IL'ite

Thanks for the wishes Aunty....Though Am not in a trying spree,I crave for good food this time around.So nanna sapdanumna senju dhan aganum inga:).Can't expect anyone else to comeover to do that for me!

That is why ur wide spectrum of recipes is helping me to deal with my toungue:crazy.
    Today did karuvadam vathalkuzhambu,mysore rasam and beetroot curry for lunch.Your tip on pressurising the beetroot before peeling is really useful.Makes the cutting job very easy.
    Thanks once again

Last edited: Sep 26, 2008
  9. Traveller

Traveller Gold IL'ite

Hello Chithramma,

You are 200% right... mothers cannot afford to fall sick. I am up on my feet today. I had to because we had an early morning appointment today. Anyways i am glad week-end is not far away and i can rest. So today i made chapathi with the help of my dough kneader attachment. I never used this accessory before and what a boon it is. The maavu was sooo soft. Only trouble is i started with 1 cup of atta and ended up adding one more (thanni kanakku thapayiduthu). But frankly this one also needs some strength in hand. Sometimes the dough kneader athu pattukku sutharathubonk. My chapathis are super soft today.

Thotukka 'madi dal'... athu onnumilla moong dal with a simple tempering of green chillies, ginger and finally lemon juice. This name given by amma... the only side-dish appa will have with chapathi. Here I made him eat mutter paneer athu thani kadhai:thumbsup.

Next week my sil is visiting us for a night. I have zeroed in on mushroom karakuzhambu. Please suggest other items:hide:. Oh dessert would be pink payasam with adai.

Latha

10. Traveller

Traveller Gold IL'ite

Chithramma,

Just read your reply to Nand on KV. I thought our karuvadams are made of ulundu... i'm confusedDrowning. Please help!

Latha

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.