Chithale Bandu - Pune / Rice Plate at Shivaji Nagar

Discussion in 'Pune' started by malspie, Dec 8, 2007.

1. Twinkle

Twinkle New IL'ite

Hey gals..

Nice to see all the info abt food..In Pune many places you'll get nice thali..Decaan road try shreyas restaurant..ask them when they have modak(maharashtrian sweet)..On Tilk Road try Durvankur..Amazing thali..
    On Laxmi Road Try Tapasya..very nice matki usal & bhakri..with chatni,thecha,pickle,yogurt..it's too gud..trust me..

2. shilpa12345

shilpa12345 Senior IL'ite

Hi, i will try this weekend in asha dinning hall i didt know about this as i stay in pcmc, even durvankur is nice hope i spelled it right.

3. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Hi Vidya,

Mumbai ke ladkiyan sabse aage! Tez aur Theeke hain hum, takrana nahin humse is the slogan we carry with us till we die!

We also have much of Maharshtrian culture at home where food is concerned minus the bakris, which my parents were not very comfortable with.

We enjoy pohe's and idli's and dosa's were made once in a YEAR!

I enjoy curds and curd rice which is the only trademark I have of being a madrasan!

Glad to have found someone like me!

4. brickbatz

brickbatz New IL'ite

pUNE HAS AWESOME DINING HALLS..........JUST GO TO pRABHAT rOAD AREA AND THERE ARE SEVERAL.......ASHA, SUVARNA REKHA,SHREYAS, THEN CHETNA.....AWESOME GUJARATI THALI.........BUT IS IN A NOT SO GREAT LOCALITY BUT WORTH THE VISIT N YOU WILL KEEP GOING THERE.....YOU SHOULD SEE THE qUE ON sUNDAYS !!.........THEN YOU HAVE ONE IN cAMP OPPOSITE wESTEND THEATRE ....CHECK THEM ALL OUT !! aWESOME!!:thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup

5. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Pune is rich with good eat outs.

6. roopadadia

roopadadia Silver IL'ite

For pure veg people staying around nagar road area...here some good news. The foll. restaurants serve pure veg food.

Cream centre in the lane behind bishops Kalyani nagar - their chole bature are famous and also mexican fodd. Earlier in Mumbai they had 2 outlets at sukh sagar i.e cream centre and new yorkers now they have combined both and opening as one outlet everywhere else.

Squisito - in koregaon park - its italian

Kalyani veg - opp adlabs kalyani nagar - south indian and fast food

shree krishna - viman nagar similar to kalyani veg

Little italy - take a right at the signal opp sun and sand toward koregaon park its on the right in the lane as soon as you enter.

Rajdhani the thali place at adlabs kalyani nagar

Also try the swiss restaurant at abc farms, their menu consists of fondue, rostis, rackelette etc typical swiss food.

Also, a new arabic/lebanese joint has opened at fortaleza opp adlabs in kalyani nagar. They have 3 restaurants and a bakery.
    Zatar is arabic, shikara is north indian/kashmiri and casanova is italian.

7. Gayathri47

Gayathri47 Silver IL'ite

Wooowwwwwwwwww!
    Roopa, you have just made my taste-buds alive! Wonderful compilation of all the restaurants. And all veg.. yippee

I ususllay do not prefer going to places that server both, but such places are difficult to find so I am used to it. But my mom is not that comfortable yet, so this list is really a great help. Thanks

8. roopadadia

roopadadia Silver IL'ite

Gayatri, we too have some friends and family members who are not comfortable eating in a restaurant serving both, since we are jain pure veg restaurants are the safe bet.

Also most of these are around where we stay, so easier to take people to dine out. There may be more in other areas....but since we don't go out that much, i am not aware of them.

9. kainaath

kainaath Senior IL'ite

hi everyone,

i guess most of u ppl stay towards the western part of the city pune namely, prabhat rd, fc, jm, city limits, aundh, baner...etc

i dont come across any one of u ppl mentioning anything abt camp, wanowarie, nibm, kalyani nagar, koregaon park etc...there is much more to pune than the places mentioned here, unless, cosmopolitian places are consider to be not a part of pune.

10. archiearun

archiearun New IL'ite

Hey there are many places in Pune where you can get best food.
    I am Puneit.:)
    You can also have a taste of Durvankur Thali, Shreyas Dining hall and Boravake's is famous for nonveg eaters.