1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

Chit chat on TV Ads

Discussion in 'TV' started by narmadaysr, Jul 9, 2010.

1. narmadaysr

narmadaysr Bronze IL'ite

Hi All,
    I would like to start this thread to share my thoughts and know how others feel about the ads we see.
    Every time I see any ad I think what could be the intension of the creator and how much he/she succeeded in doing it. Few I like most few ok ok types, Few meaningless and few are the worst. I usually discuss with my husband but men won't talk as we do right ;-). I thought what best place can be than this to share our thoughts.
    To start with a cute one....
    In one of the recent ready to eat product ad (maggi I think) mother cuts Onions and by seeing tears in mother's eyes cute boy also started weeping. Reson he says you are crying no mom.
    I loved it....
    Hope to see more thoughts on ads u like, dislike, your opinion how well that can be conveyed, Funny meaning out of it. Anything is welcome.

Bye All
    Have a goodday
    Narmada

2. CynthiaG

CynthiaG New IL'ite

Hi Narmada,

Glad to have forum to discuss the asvts on TV's these days. One of the series that i really liked for Sate Bank of India ads. They were cute, funny and really really sweet.

And do you remember the Dhara ad where the little boy runs away from home and comes back after his dad entices him back from on the promise of "Jalebi" cooked fresh by his mom!!!

I thought it was one of the cutest ads ever!!

3. kk2009

kk2009 New IL'ite

Hi Cynthia,

I remember that ad, it think it was really really cute!! but did you know that the story board for this ad is copy of a british ad for a bread. i dont remember the brand of the bread but i saw its story board long ago!

4. Spiderman1

Spiderman1 Gold IL'ite

5. Spiderman1

Spiderman1 Gold IL'ite

6. Roopali

Roopali New IL'ite

I think one of the most creative and phenomenal ads was the Happy Dent ad series. The was conceptualized and directed by none other than Prasoon Joshi.

7. OOPALL

OOPALL Silver IL'ite

Hi Spiderman,
    Thanks for sharing...they are cute adverts!

Cheers!
    OOPALL!

8. narmadaysr

narmadaysr Bronze IL'ite

Good to see many advs and opinions.....
    I like happydent ads.
    In the recent ones parachute adv I like most. Har roj kuch badthi hu..... (whether it is applicable to oil or not ;-) ) I seriously feel thats how we all grew up. learning every day from our/other mistakes/experiences.... I liked the expression on the girl's face when the other girl sticking a Sorry post on the car. I could see in her face willingness to do it next time...

9. swarnalata.N.S.

swarnalata.N.S. Platinum IL'ite

I too like the Happy Dent ads. They are very imaginative.

I loved the first batch of Zoo Zoos. They were lovable, naughty and so expressive though they had only painted eyes and a mouth.

The latest Vaio ad with Kareena Kapoor peeling off dress after dress according to colour of the Vaio is watchable because of the merry music.

10. brahan

brahan Platinum IL'ite

Yeah...Just like you i too used to wonder how beautifully the Ads creator has conveyed the Information to us...More than Movis Ad Creation is brain Draining Field..One has to be at his/her Creative Best.

I loved the ZOO ZOO Ads...The Mentos Ads and the Ads like Surf Excal which shows the Innocence of Kids..

Cheers,
    Brahan:thumbsup