1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Chinni is growing

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by tuffyshri, Jan 3, 2012.

1. tuffyshri

tuffyshri Gold IL'ite

The sweet little innocent kid is growing. This happened about a month ago -

She was not eating breakfast and in frustration, I hit the little chair she was sitting on. Unfortunately she fell down and was very upset.

My DH then asked her to tell 'sorry amma, I will eat my food'

She said 'amma only beat me (hey?) and pushed me. She should ask sorry'.

Then DH said 'hey ask sorry, illana yaar unakku thala vari viduva?' (hey ask sorry, otherwise who will comb your hair?)

She immediately shot - 'nane varippen' (I will comb myself) and took the comb and combed herself.

A few minutes later DH said 'yaar unakku powder posi viduva?' (who will apply talcum powder for you?)

'nane poospipen' (I will apply myself) - took the powder, put some in palm and did herself. (She was looking very funny with powder here and there on her cute face that was fuming with anger)

DH - 'amma uniform pottuvida sollu' (ask amma to help you wear the uniform)

'nane pottuppen' (I will wear myself) - wore the skirt.

Then I told her 'nan shoe socks pottu vida matten po' (I will not help you to wear your shoe socks, go)

Chinni - 'appa pottu viduva' (Appa will help me)

DH also refused then she comes down. 'sorry ma.. I will eat from tomorrow onward'. God knows when that 'tomorrow' will come! :)

That evening I again showed my face when she spit the food right in the plate. Then she said 'amma sorry ma.. Inime sapdaren. Nan pakkathula oru cover vachikkaren. Thuppanumna adhula thuppi, dust bin la pottudaren' (I will eat here after. I will keep a polythene bag along with me, if I feel like spitting I will spit in it and thrash it)
    cute naa.

I declared that I wouldnt talk to her becoz she didn’t finish her lunch. She remembered it the next morning. When she was brushing her teeth, I went and tried to help her. She withdrew and declared 'hey.. Ne dhan en kooda pesa mattela.. Po' (hey, you will not talk to me right?)

Then after some time we were in the hall, DH was sleeping. I asked her 'sorry' because it was not good to push her chair down. She also came with a sorry and said 'amma… am sorry too..' I hugged her tight.

DH later on asked how come you two are talking. she immediately said 'amma asked sorry'

Isnt it very evident that she is growing??

2. Pallavi4me

Pallavi4me Platinum IL'ite

Really your Chinni's Growing and learnt her way of getting things done. Liked your narration.

3. strangerrr

strangerrr Gold IL'ite

cute one... made me smile, trying to visualise the reactions of your little one!

:)

4. rgsrinivasan

rgsrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Yes, she is. Beware! You can't escape now with your flashy acts! :)
    Am experiencing the same with my son nowadays. Nice post. Thanks.

5. upfsabari

upfsabari IL Hall of Fame

Cute one..!!!!!! Kids are too smart these days.. :) Made me smile and I was imagining how it would have happened...!!

6. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

It is my experience that children mature quickly when they see the parents are together in disciplining and guiding them. Wonderfully narrated. Good luck.

Viswa

7. Suhaguru

Suhaguru Bronze IL'ite

Cute one!!! kids are really growing fast these days...nice narration..And always a mother daughter relationship is special.. fight in one instance and then unite....
    Couldnt stop asking... how old is your chinni?

8. nihasvin

nihasvin Platinum IL'ite

Ha ha ha... I can see my self in chinni..i was a poor eater and have got lots of scolding..

9. tuffyshri

tuffyshri Gold IL'ite

thank you for the note, Pallavi :)

10. tuffyshri

tuffyshri Gold IL'ite

thank you. happy to hear that my DD made you smile