1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Chinnamuthu Stories:#1 :My Dad a fearless snake killer

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by mzganapathy, Aug 1, 2009.

1. mzganapathy

mzganapathy New IL'ite

I want to dedicate my first blog to my dad by narrating one of his dare devil act.:bonk

It was a late summer evening in a rural village called koovappady. As usual the street lights were off due to power cut intended to save electricity during dry season. My appa , amma and mama (uncle) where returning from periappas house talking about their visit and turned to the small pocket road leading to our house. My dad sensed something is wrong as he heard the dry leaves on the ground shuffle. He asked others to be quiet and listened carefully. he then announced to them it was a snake and asked them to pass by immediately and find a good stick. My dad always concerned about his daughters moving around the house and courtyard barefoot never leaves a snake if brought into his notice. he lighted a two medium cell torch on the snake and carefully focussed on its head.To the astonishment of all the snake followed the light and crawled behind appa and he lead the snake into our gate walking almost 50Ft and further inside to a coconut tree standing half way between our front door and the gate. By then my uncle could find a dry curry leaf tree branch and handed over to my dad. the snake at this point had started climbing over the tree and appa timed himself accuratley and hit the snake direct on his head. He striked him 2-3 times with full force. In another 5 minutes the lights came in and it was then that everybody was alarmed by the size of the snake. It was a 5 ft cobra with a beautiful black shiny body and a crushed head. The next day even the helpers at home were afraid to go near the snake even though it was dead for hours. We still sing the praise of our dads fearless ness of snakes and narrate the story at any given chance.

2. Meerasan78

Meerasan78 New IL'ite

Hey,

I def think its a good thing to start. It did sent chills through my body when I read. Indeed you guys have to be proud of your dad.