Childrens Library,Activity center n counselling cenetr at Shollingnallur, chennai

Discussion in 'Entrepreneurship' started by rashmit, Mar 30, 2011.

1. rashmit

rashmit New IL'ite

Dear All,

I reside in Chennai and conduct lots of childrens activities. I am planning to open a childrens libary/activity/counselling center in Shollingnallur.

Do you think it will work? Share your thoughts
    Anybody interested in joining me please contact?

2. imemyself

imemyself Senior IL'ite

Hi Rashmit,
    This is a very good idea!
    I used to take my kid to a activity centre at Adyar during weekends when he was around 18 months old. They charge either for each class or on a monthly or quarterly basis. It was flexible for a working parent like me.
    Since huby n myself are working, we find time on Sat n Sun to take him to this centre. But it was too far from our home so now we dropped that.

On similar lines, as a working parent, i feel if the activity centre is open on weekends it would be more comfortable.
    Also, if it has flexible options it would be a boon.

The library is an excellent idea. U can have children's library for book, toys/cd's too.

My 2 cents! :)

Regards,
    Jaya

3. abarnakrish

abarnakrish New IL'ite

Hi,
    Since u have enough experience in conducting childrens activities, u r aware of the childrens likes and dislikes, selecting a place, decorations, buying books, there are more things to workout, first try to take a survey and then go further, even for buying books, it's not necessary that u should buy only brand new books, there are places where they are selling 100 rs book for even 20 or 30 and u can even sell some books, start with minimal amount and since it is a summer time its very good to start right now, if u have enough time and place u can start a day care center, toy library, kids activity based cd's etc. All the very best to start your own business.

4. manmathi

manmathi Silver IL'ite

Hi! just for an information. Did you start childrens library? If yes, how is it going?

5. sridharvijji

sridharvijji Bronze IL'ite

If you have started the activity place .Give your details.