1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Children Of Single Parents.

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by joylokhi, Jul 9, 2016.

1. joylokhi

joylokhi Platinum IL'ite

Read recently in the papers of a well known bolly wood actor fathering a child thro' surogacy. His parents and family seem very happy with the decision. It left me reflecting on the future emotional needs of such children.
    Where a child looses his natural parents/parent thro' death it is natural that the other parent or guardian has to take over the roles of both the natural mother/father and bring up the child to their best abilities. But, creating such a situation for a child out of ones own wishes/ideas, leaves me wondering whether this is doing justice to a child's life, and the issues it could cause in society.
    ILs thoughts on this situation please.

Balajee, kcb, KashmirFlower and 2 others like this.

2. blindpup10

blindpup10 Platinum IL'ite

My 2 cents- a child having a loving parent is what is required. It should have a safe/ happy/ positive environment. Doesn't matter if its a single parent or both parents involved.
    How many children have parents who are married and fighting every day? How many kids see one of their parent being abused?
    Does it really matter if there is one parent involved and peaceful life and the child is happy?

3. Ragini25

Ragini25 Platinum IL'ite

@joylokhi A favorite person in family used to say:
    Anytime you ****-up with nature, you can bet nature will turn around and **** you up.
    So, better to respect nature than act too smart these days.

joylokhi likes this.
  4. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

IMO - if sufficient thought is put into the short term and long term implications, and the parent is ready to take the responsibility, and there exist laws to regulate the process with emphasis on the mental and physical well-being of the child, it is fine.

In terms of the child suffering, or not receiving care like a child with typical mom and dad, or issues it can cause in society, I think the risk is comparable to or less than similar risks from families where married man/woman not at all ready to be parents go ahead and have kids because it is the next to-do as decided by society, well-wishers and all.

5. joylokhi

joylokhi Platinum IL'ite

@blindpup10 ,
    thanks for the first feedback. I agree all a child needs is a peaceful atmosphere whether provided by a single parent or parents together. However, my question is whether such a situation needs to be created for the child? Isn't it ideal that a child has the love and upbringing of both his/her parents?

6. joylokhi

joylokhi Platinum IL'ite

Yes, that was exactly my thoughts on this.

7. joylokhi

joylokhi Platinum IL'ite

Very valid points. My question is again the same i've given in reply to first feedback of blindpup10.

8. blindpup10

@joylokhi
    How is it any different..?? Many couples who are in a bad relationship end up planning on having a child.. why is it wrong to have a child through surrogacy ?
    Isn't the thought/ planning/ being ready to take the responsibility that counts?

Which actor is having a child...?? Sorry not in touch with Bollywood gossip

shobhamma and MalStrom like this.
  9. Itsmylife143

Itsmylife143 Platinum IL'ite

Shah rukh khan and gauri khan had there third child through surrogacy name 'AbRam'

blindpup10 likes this.
  10. blindpup10

@Itsmylife143
    I thought AbRam is like 3 or 4-year-old... correct me if I am wrong..
    I know that coz I saw a pic recently of SRK defending his daughter about some bikini pic/ selfie. I saw a pic of AbRam too.. that kid definitely looked a bit older.