1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Children in tears

Discussion in 'Cheeniya's Senile Ramblings' started by Cheeniya, Jul 1, 2007.

1. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Kamla
    The late Arignar Anna once exhorted his party men to seek God in the smile of a man in poverty. 'Ezhaiyin sirippil Iraivanai Kanbom'. Apparently his exhortatation has been misinterpreted by his followers down the line. They must have interpreted it as 'Ezhaiyin sirippil MATTUM Iraivanai Kanbom!' They have therefore ensured that men below the powert line are kept there so that God can be seen whenever they smiled which is as rare as God putting in a presence Himself!
    I am forced to think this way as none of the welfare schemes designed to improve the quality of slum children reach them in full measure. The residual benefits that go to these children after everyone dips his finger into the pot of gold are hardly anything! They are as much in poverty as their grandparents were when the British walked out of the country.
    What is even more appaling is the state of AIDS affected children who contract this dreadful disease through no fault of theirs.
    Sri

2. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Sri,

Loved it.I agree when u say adults bring troubles on themselves,while children are not responisble for their own misery.Roatarians i agree, will meet in a star restaurant for drinks and dinner and discuss poverty,wasting precious money.That i sone reasonm i never join these.These are just good to make contacts in the city to increase yr network for business.I may be wrong,but thats what i feel.

Great one sri.Regards.kamal

Why is it that i dont dislike even one of yr writings Sri ? Something wrong with me ? Must go to the doc for the injection.Regards.kamal

3. Vysan

Vysan Gold IL'ite

Dear Sri,

A serious point has been brought down to small peices in your own style..... I definitely cant see kids crying.... I always tell my wife... Kuzhandhaigal vishamam seyyalena vera yaar seiva... At this age, I cant go and do all those vishamam..... She will be strict with the kids.... but will do everything for them.... her concept is they should know how to cope up in this wicked world and survive in the competition.... They should be tough... this is her concept...

I know a family where the father belt his kids for studies..... He for their sake will not watch TV or movies or anything... He will sit with them and read news paper till they finish their studies.... Now they are all qualified Engineers/Docs... But they dont love their father anymore.... Now father is not well due to accident lost memory but the kids stayed away leaving the father and mother alone.... The sacrifice and the sufferings of the father to bring the child is gone.... But only the punishment remains.... So where are we....

My friend used to collect the old school books from other people and give it to the next batch of students who couldnt afford to buy. Me and my wfe always make it a point to fund for two sets of new books every year. He has been doing it for almost 16/17 years... Similarly when my mother passed away we decided that we will contribute a sum to my old school so that the interest earned out of it can be used as the school fees for 1/2 students who cannot afford the fees....This I managed to complete only this year....

All those people who really want to help the need children can do similiar things in a small way..... Whcih they can be sure of that it helps those who are within our eyesight on a daily basis...

I always used to tell my wife when thing become better for us, we should adopt atleast one child... But it didnt and with the new adoption rules and regulations and the complexities.... We said atleast we will keep doing what we are currently....

Sorry.... If I have deviated from your original topic...

Veda

4. Cheeniya

Dear Kamalji
    I can only attribute two reasons for your liking all my posts.
    First is, great men think alike.
    Second is, fools seldom differ!:mrgreen:
    Jokes apart, I feel nice that someone of your calibre agrees with whatever I say. I can quote to you a favourite of mine attributed to Disraeli- "My idea of an agreeable person is one who always agrees with me!"
    That makes you numero uno in my list of agrreable persons of my life!
    Thanks buddy! Dont go to a Doctor now, consume some stupid tablet on his prescription and develop a distaste for my stuff!
    Sri

5. Cheeniya

Dear Veda
    You have not deviated from my leader post but expressed some profound thoughts. Such feeling for fellow humans who are younger and less fortunate than us is quite heart warming. It is not mere expression of your concern that is significant but that you follow it up with action puts you among the finest humans I have come across. I want this post explaining what can be done for the citizens of tomorrow who may not make it to the winning post for material reasons nominated for The Best Post of The Month
    Sri

6. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Sri,

HA HA HA.I just cant compete with u.You have a way with words.the quotes aer super.

I have gien yr page link to a few of my friends bloggers from other sites,and they will pay u a visit.I hope thats ok with u.

Did Sunkan introduce u to Indus, as she did to me ? If so, i must doubly thank her.This site is so different and interactive, very much different than others.im lovingmy stay here.

thanks and regards.kamal

7. Cheeniya

Dear Kamalji
    Yes, it was Sunkan who brought me here in Februray this year as she felt that my style of writing and my thoughts would find better reception here and how correct her judgement was! i really enjoy my stay here. More than anything else, the interactions in IL are so warm and friendly. Everyone encourages everyone else. Newcomers particularly are given a red carpet welcome in IL.
    Sri

8. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Sri,

Thats great of Sunkan to bring the big man Sri here herself.

She told me for a week or so, requesting me by notes to come here,and when i did, i just fell inlove with Indus.People here are generous in their comments,they just dont reply in one or two lines.

some comments i have seen, which could have made interesting blogs.People are large hearted here.

So thanks Sunkan and indus.Regards.kamal

9. Cheeniya

10. parusabari

parusabari Silver IL'ite

Dear Sir,

I am fortunate that while I am not skilled enough to write lovely write ups, I am educated enough to read those lovely posts of yours. Was just feeling a bit low and then it struck me to dig into the beautiful treasure I have here....read some of the posts again from where I left them.

So soothing and what divine, enlightening messages each post conveys.

This post did bring tears to my eyes thinking of how a child can’t even ask for some extra food. As you have rightly stated I think we can celebrate our special days with the less blessed ones by distributing food parcels and other goodies to them.

First I thought Kriti was taken to a doctor for injection or got hurt and it was paining. Last lines made me roll on the floor and also the lines describing your daughter getting horns hahahahaha. The ending was totally unexpected but very enjoyable.

This post reminded me of my Appa whom I never seen crying but when it was Srinidhi( my elder daughter’s) ear piercing function , his eyes were filled with tears. During each and every vaccination of Sri he used to take leave from office and always used to tell the doctor not to enforce it on her. The entire day he will not let the child down but massage her legs slowly and lovingly.

I have become an ardent fan of yours. Wish to keep on reading and finish all the posts…but other commitments waiting.

May God bestow his choicest blessings on You.

Love,
    Parvathi.