1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Children are living jewels dropped unsustained from heaven.

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Jun 13, 2012.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Children will not remember you for the material things you provided but for the feeling that you cherished them.”

A child needs love especially till the age of 5 years when they learn everything. Whatever we teach them at that time helps them in future.

The home should be a sweet home. a kind of school where life's basic lessons are taught, where there is recreation and also simple pleasures are enjoyed

Children should be brought up with love and care . We should be strict with them at the same time shower love also.

Bringing up children is a difficult task. It is the responsbility of both husband and wife teach the children good and bad and show them the right path.

I was blessed that my dh gave full support in bringing up the children. Taught them the good values of life. Taught them to be happy with what they have , eat whatever they get. Whereever hehad to be strict he was strict and where his love was required he gave the best.

You may give them your love but not your thoughts, for they have their own thoughts. You may house their bodies but not their souls, for their souls dwell in the house of tomorrow, which you cannot visit, not even in your dreams.
    Kahlil Gibran

Listen to the desires of your children. Encourage them and then give them the autonomy to make their own decision.

2. strangerrr

strangerrr Gold IL'ite

its a nice read iyerviji! I concur with you on each line written here. And specially if each parent understand the meaning of this quote "You may give them your love but not your thoughts, for they
    have their own thoughts" parents can avoid their kids getting frustrated on them.

Thanks for a nice read :)

3. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear Sister,

It is my humble opinion that we need to teach the following to the children:

Up to 5 years - Duty, Discipline and Devotion

From 6 to 10 - Self-confidence, Self-Satisfaction and Self-Sacrifice

From 11 to 15 - Character, Communication and Control of senses

After 16 - Guidance for Decision-making

Viswa

4. nihasvin

nihasvin Platinum IL'ite

Very true Vijima. thanks for the lovely post :)

5. Pallavi4me

Pallavi4me Platinum IL'ite

Excellent write up Viji mam.

6. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Stranger dear thanks for your first fb. glad you liked it. thank for the nice message

7. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Viswa dear thanks for sharing your views. Good thoughts

8. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Nihasvin dear glad to know you liked the post.

9. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Pallavi dear thanks for your compliments. I was missing you in my posts

10. ILoveTulips

ILoveTulips IL Hall of Fame

Very nice blog Vijima on how to grow children. Yes its indeed a great responsibility. It requires a great effort from either parent, such that they have to put the kids' needs in front of theirs'. Its sad that not everyone fit to be a parent, but still blessed with kids. I walk to work passing a smoking area , where at least 10-12 people stand there smoking and clouding the entire area with cigarette smoke. I would feel so hard in those few seconds when I pass that area. Sometimes I see moms stand there smoking with their little child in the pram chair. She would enjoy that cigarette chatting with the friends, when the little one lies in the pram chair inhales all the smoke... How irresponsible???

This is good one... :)

Thanks for sharing your nice thoughts ma... Nice read.

ILT