1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Child Seeing Bees At Night? Hallucinations?

Discussion in 'Schoolgoers & Teens' started by Naari, Oct 16, 2017.

1. Naari

Naari Platinum IL'ite

Hello ILs,

There is a weird thing happening with my child (5 yr old) last few days which is very concerning to me. Previously, when we tucked her in bed & let her go to sleep, she would nicely go to sleep. Recently, within a few minutes of tucking her in, she calls out to us saying she is seeing bees & colorful creatures everywhere in her room!:confundio1: We pretended to sush them away & she was ok, but again came running to our room in the middle of the night saying she is seeing them again. This has been happening for last 3-4 nights & I am very worried.

When asked her more about it, she says "it's a swarm of bees & colorful creatures flying everywhere in my room, they don't buzz or bite, I know they are pretend (not real), but they just fly everywhere & bother me". I am really scared if she doesn't grow out of it or if this is not a temp issue.

I searched on google & read that little kids have such hallucinations sometimes, but shd grow out of it. I am really worried as it's not stopping.

Pls help ladies, what to do?

Last edited: Oct 16, 2017

2. Sangeeta85

Sangeeta85 Gold IL'ite

U could try making the spray n tell her this will make the bees go away n never ever dare to come in her room .both of u can spray together ..
    I hope ur little sweet heart gets a good night sleep..

Naari likes this.
  3. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Could it be that when we close our eyes, those star like things that we see but usually go away as we drift to sleep?
    Could a good night light will help?

Naari likes this.
  4. Naari

Naari Platinum IL'ite

That's a really good idea.. we will try that tonight with fake bottles.. hopefully it will help.

5. Naari

Naari Platinum IL'ite

I called her pediatrician today & her nurse suggested the same thing. Will try this too. Thanks!

Interestingly when we were talking to her about it, we told her we can't see the bees at all. Dd's reply was "what if I have special eyes to see it?":eek: I totally freaked out:(

6. prestine

prestine Silver IL'ite

5 year old dream a lot. Every 3 to 4 days in a week my DD gets up shouting in a loud voice. We assure her that she is being protected. Her reasons were 'pink hippo was coming towards her' someday it's bear, monster, monkey what not.

Pediatrician said it's typical 5 year old behavior and common to have night terror. It's called night terrors. She is 6, now the number of days has reduced but does it every week.

Also don't give any kind of media before bedtime. It helped me.

Naari likes this.
  7. Naari

Naari Platinum IL'ite

@prestine thanks a lot for sharing that ! I am so scared, I can't say enough..

8. prestine

prestine Silver IL'ite

Also when DH snores near her, that noise scares her a lot. Is there any buzzing noise or something in the room

9. Naari

Naari Platinum IL'ite

No buzzing sounds in room. She actually says the bees don't buzz , but just fly around & bother her..

10. Amica

Amica IL Hall of Fame

Sounds like she needs something like this. :)

Naari likes this.