1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Child:Is it required?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Gooseberry, Mar 18, 2010.

1. vennelaaaa

vennelaaaa Bronze IL'ite

Absolutely not if one doesn't want to!

2. BeeAmma

BeeAmma Silver IL'ite

Even if people individually decide not to procreate, each country needs a young population to keep the economy going. In US and Europe the taxes from working populations is used to provide allowance and medical care for the old.

So indirectly the old do depend on the young in their old age.

3. pesh

pesh New IL'ite

my daughter is my everything,she is my only console,in the beginning i felt difficult coz of her my inlaw's forced me to quit my job,they were not happy coz she is a girl baby,but am happy am able to give her more love and attention,after her born lot of changes happen offcourse the responsibilty,she is my only strength,she says mom go to office i will be good girl...am proud hearing this she is only 2year but talks like aunty hhehhehehehe

4. lotusgirl

lotusgirl Senior IL'ite

i do agree to that argument, but i was specifically replying to the need of having own children to lean on in old age!
    but then this also means lots of migrant people are getting the jobs! many european countries encourage having many children, even have incentives if you have more than 2, but thats very regional right? In china you have 1 child policy in many areas and in India you have been drilled throughout our life about having 2 kids.. "we two our two", which i think is now for 1 child? now people migrate from 1 land to another easily. If there is less number of people in the working age group, those countries have incentives to get people from foreign countries to come and work.. So that sort of negates the very basic argument of having children just for the sake of a working group, though it holds true in some aspect.

But that still doesnt mean a child is a must in life for all people!! why can't it be a accepted fact that people are different and each will their own priorities and have a very fulfilled life according to that too?? i cant agree that unmarried people or non parents are incomplete in any way if thats their preferred choice in life!! thats my only point...

5. gayathriar

gayathriar Bronze IL'ite

Any expectation would cause diappointment - period! In that sense, it is not right to think of having children inorder to take care of our future needs...!

But a child teaches a set of parents( ofcourse if they are willing ) - what loving, caring and sharing is all about( forgive me Sushmitha ). They give a new dimension and meaning to life - ofcourse attitude matters here. If you consider them a burden, then all the meaning is lost....! The children are cared for and that feeling of shedding our ego and putting a little one before us and caring for them gives tremendous satisfaction to a parent. We teach them and learn in the process of doing so. It is all so mutual...! As a parent, I feel those who don't want a child for whatever reason are missing out on a great pleasure in life...! How else can you explain so many parents who are unable to conceive opt for adopting a child????

-Gayathri.

6. BeeAmma

BeeAmma Silver IL'ite

Also if a lot of people decided not to procreate, it will conserve environmental resources.

7. Vrindavipul

Vrindavipul Bronze IL'ite

Kids are optional. But whenever I see my own child I feel proud of myself ............that I have created him