1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Child:Is it required?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Gooseberry, Mar 18, 2010.

1. saipavani123

saipavani123 Silver IL'ite

[JUSTIFY]
    Yeah true :) .....

IMo child does complete a family. After all I earn for my family. So does my DH. How long will we both earn watch movies/buy car/buy home/go to costly restaurants/enjoy all luxuries....enjoy enjoy enjoy !!! ..... Even this enjoyment becomes boredom after sometime. Life becomes routine...work all days ....enjoy weekends..... and my family will comprise of DH and me. :) . I am not saying kids are born to remove boredom of parents though :tongue. Its just completing a family...giving new dimension to think and act. Might be said symbol of love ( too sweet words....I don't know if this works in practical world). But I and DH both love kids....and i would prefer to have 2 :)[/JUSTIFY]

2. ShilpaMa

ShilpaMa IL Hall of Fame

Goose, according to me child is required for a lady to turn into a mother & look at life from angles with more responsibility. Its another chapter...

I too have phases where I just :bang making them do few basic things.. but then one smile out of all the trouble and you forget everything... everything bad that happened at office, spouse or inlaws or elsewhere. You can hug them kiss them scream at and they still come running to you with open arms & no hidden clause... They've filled a lot of empty space in my life.

I've been thru the phase in initial 2-3 of marriage where I was outcasted from auspicious functions for having no child, so whenever I get troubled I just smile over... those very same people when met me after a gap ask me.... are these your children??? So I tell them.. no I hired them to show off to you :biglaugh..............

3. kma

kma Gold IL'ite

OMG What kind of people are they? Why cant they mind their own business?:rant I too had a kid after nearly 7 years of marriage. My kid also filled a lot of emptiness inside me. Though my inlaws never directly taunted me on this, there sure are many unpleasant memories.

4. kolmilata

kolmilata New IL'ite

I don't think children are truly essential in a marriage. I never wanted to have them unless I was under severe pressure from my MIL. She always pestered around me (mainly) and Dh. In 12 years of marriage I had 3 kids and I finally could convince my dh to leave his parent's home unless he wanted an infinity kid! Although I find them troublesome to look after, sometimes my kids are really angelic o me. So I have mixed feeling for them.

5. lotusgirl

lotusgirl Senior IL'ite

This is not about the original post as such, but the topic was interesting and couldnt resist a reply.
    no, i dont think it is a must! well, dont be scandalised, i have a kid whom me and DH love with all our heart.. but thats us and our child..
    Saying a child is a must is just like saying a person who cant have a child is somehow incomplete. i dont agree to that.
    There are so many parents who really shouldnt be having kids! they are just not just fit to be parents.. in such a case is having a child a must in that marriage? absolutely not.
    we had a child well after 5 yrs of marriage. It was very concious decision. there was nothing preventing health wise or financially to have a child, but we just weren't ready to a commitment to a new life. When we felt it was the right time for us, we went ahead.
    There would be many people for whom their life is not defined by a child and due to social pressures they simply dont marry. If you are married you are expected to produce offsprings, isnt that how our system works? and even if there are some couple who are perfectly happy with each other and dont want a kid are tortured by each and everybdy they know sympathising for not having a kid and they dare not show they really dont want one..
    So each to their own. I dont advocate only parenthood completes a person.

6. sowmyapbhat

sowmyapbhat Senior IL'ite

Good Question, not one that is usually asked!

In my opinion, a child is a 'MUST HAVE' only in the following situations:

1. You are the owner of a business empire and want to ensure that it stays in the immediate family
    2. You love children and want to have your own.
    3. You want to really appreciate what your parents did for you and how much trouble you gave them.
    4. You are a minority community and want to increase your numbers
    5. You don't really have a strong relationship with your spouse, and want to divert your attention somewhere else.
    6. You are not confident of living on your own when you age, so you would like to have your own young look after you

I can't think of any other reason why you should have children.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2010
  7. Malavika81

Malavika81 Bronze IL'ite

7. You just got hired by Angelina Jolie to be a surrogate mum for the next baby she wants to adopt.

8. sowmyapbhat

sowmyapbhat Senior IL'ite

Ha Ha Malavika,

I didn't think of that one! True! :rotfl

9. saipavani123

saipavani123 Silver IL'ite

[​IMG][​IMG]Nice one !!

10. aruna_077

aruna_077 Senior IL'ite

8. You can't handle IL and societal pressures.