1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Child Care And Other Logistics During The Birth Of Second Child

Discussion in 'Baby Sitting / Day Care' started by Angela123, Jun 25, 2020.

1. startinganew

startinganew Gold IL'ite

Reading it like that from R makes me rethink the safety of that option. On second thoughts - she's right, I wouldn't do it too. I have a couple of single girl friends I might check with to see if they'd sleep over at my place with nanny and kid. That way - my friends aren't responsible for full-load child-care but just overseeing safety of kid.

Also just saw your note that there are 2 similar age kids at your friend's place - the kids would have an amazing time! You can help your friends abundantly in ways you deem appropriate. (3 kids can be a lot - so load them up with snacks, food, etc? don't know..) Seems like that would be a much better option.

2. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

They provide emotional and physical support ( during labor, if you need massage etc) and help advocate for the mom if needed especially if there is any issue with following your birth plan. Some women like to have them in hand, it’s largely a personal preference and the experience they bring also varies widely depending on the person.

startinganew and Angela123 like this.
  3. Angela123

Angela123 Gold IL'ite

Thank you. Not sure if I will go this way. But we will see.

4. Angela123

Angela123 Gold IL'ite

Yes, this COVID situation changes a lot of things!
    With COVID concerns hanging around for longer than I expected, I have only one friend that I can ask for help. For the day of delivery, I am planning to leave the kid with my trusted friend. Hiring someone to help is on the list, just need to find the person.
    As of now, hospital allows the partner to be with me during the labor time, but no multiple entries are allowed. Go in as I go in and come back when I am allowed to go home. I would like to have him by me but this is something I am ready to let go, if we couldnt find anybody to take care of DD or we are in something unpredictable out of our control.

5. Angela123

Angela123 Gold IL'ite

We have a very similar set of rules. I need to find more. I am leaning towards asking my friend for help on the day of delivery and a nanny until we get home with the new born. After that we probably wont need the nanny, DD is very independent. We might hire someone to help around the house, depending on the COVID situation at the time.
    I am glad I posted my questions on this forum, I have better clarity on things that need to be done around the due date.
    So thanks everyone!!